Select Page: Previous 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 Next
Control.com topic...
Software in Automation
Topic: Software, including programming, OS issues, etc.
from the Automation List department...
Restrict CPU usage for a software program
Originally posted by Siebe Dijkstra on 18 October, 2001 - 9:32 am
I've written a Labwindows program that communicates to a plc to take some data and chart it. At certain times it prints this chart to 'pdf'
files. During the chart printing it slows down the processor and the CPU is loaded 100% (Windows NT taskmanager) for about 10-20 sec. This slows
down other (more important) tasks. ...Is there a way in NT to limit my program to say 50% CPU usage? ...
New Replies:
If your program is the lowest priority task, you are not degrading the system even when CPU usage...
Software Quality
Posted by Curt Wuollet on 18 October, 2001 - 9:25 am
Living with bugs, missing features, unsupported versions? Have you been coerced to upgrade before you even got that last version working? I saw this article and it sounded so familiar I thought I would share...
Gray Code
Originally posted by Shawn Hinchy on 16 February, 2000 - 4:03 pm
Does anybody know a simple method for converting gray code to integer (usable) form?
New Replies:
By Joe Jansen/ENGR/HQ/KEMET/US on 17 October, 2001 - 5:14 pm -
There is a version of this posted on the PLC Archive... www.plcarchive.com --Joe Jansen...
To Phil, I would appreciate seeing the minimal relay contact solution, if you still have it, as I...
To Phil, I would appreciate seeing the minimal relay contact solution, if you still have it, as I...
gem 80 PLC Programming software
Posted by Ronald Kiens on 17 October, 2001 - 3:16 pm
We have a customer who have several ships. One of the ships there are several gem 80 PLC systems on board. The problem is we don't have the programming software for doing some modifications...
Old Software for Old RTU
Posted by Javi on 17 October, 2001 - 11:42 am
I'm desesperately seeking for an old msdos software called 'TERMCDS'.

Autonomic Computing
Posted by Kenneth Hunt on 17 October, 2001 - 10:11 am
I found this interesting: Why autonomic computing will reshape IT by Paul Horn
Software for Cegelec Gem 80
Posted by Ronald Kiens on 17 October, 2001 - 8:59 am
Is there somebody who can help me out with a software package with download cable and programming book for a Cegelec PLC tyP GEM80
I need this for a project on a ship.
Running a Macro directly from the desktop
Originally posted by mihirr on 15 October, 2001 - 10:20 am
I have written a Macro in Excel spreadsheet to automate a task. I want this macro to actuate the moment I open the Excel file.
New Replies:
You have a couple of choices. YOu can have the macro run every time you open the workbook. I this...
I just wonder when you posted this message... anyway here is the answer. You should have a macro...
If you know how the VB Editor works then you can record your macro and use the VB editor to view...
Bacnet Driver or code for Linux OS.
Originally posted by Andrew Chiang on 29 August, 2001 - 11:26 am
Is there a bacnet driver or code available for redhat linux ?
New Replies:
You wouldn't need a driver if your just interested in annex J connections would you? ...
Windows Web Browser Crashes
Originally posted by Mark Wells on 2 October, 2001 - 4:09 pm
I was just curious how well web browsers are working as operator interfaces in industrial applications. Any feedback from list members using web browsers in this way would be appreciated. I'm particularly interested in
crash frequency...
New Replies:
>There will be an eventual meeting of the minds, OSS folks run the net. >Of course, then...
At 09:43 10/10/01 -0700, Alex Pavloff wrote: <clip> >It sounds like a great idea -- and I...
Hi Alex There will be an eventual meeting of the minds, OSS folks run the net. Of course, then...
> I think the idea is to stick to features which are widely accepted > published...
Hello Alex, On Tuesday, October 09, 2001, 11:06:30 PM, Alex Pavloff wrote: >> I...
I agree, Low Bandwith X with compression would be my choice. Or possibly something like VNC but...
At 10:06 09/10/01 -0700, Alex Pavloff wrote: <clip> >If you use Java, you get to deal with...
There is one serious problem with this idea -- and that's that web browsers suck for HMI use. A...
This entire problem is caused by the fact that a certain company's development tools use...
Joe Jansen wrote: <clip> >Maybe so, except for the systems that then stab you in the back...
melsec medoc help please
Originally posted by adam on 17 May, 2001 - 5:03 pm
I need to down load melsec medoc program for a project that I am doing if you can help me find a place to down load this prog I wood be very grateful
yours Adie
New Replies:
Hi, I have found on a fleemarket a melsec a1s plc No software and programmingcable who can help...
from the Backup software for backing up department...
Siemens WF470 Software
Originally posted by Steve Lancaster on 5 July, 2001 - 5:37 pm
Does anyone know where I can get hold of Siemens WF470 software?
New Replies:
Steve, I have just seen your comments as I have been searching for info on programming the...
from the Computer Science department...
Design Patterns , Plateform and Components for SCADA
Originally posted by Maya Ali on 21 August, 2001 - 10:59 am
What are Design Patterns, Plateform and Components for SCADA development?
New Replies:
did you ever get any source for the free material? Please contact me if you did. Thanks, Chris...
Version control software
Originally posted by Kamalr on 29 September, 2001 - 8:23 am
I am looking for some s/ware app. that will manage the storage of my various PLCs, flow meters etc config. and allow me to enter simple revision info. for each configuration. Does any one know of such a software?
New Replies:
By johan.bengtsson@pol.se on 15 October, 2001 - 12:50 pm -
The main thing I missed in SourceSafe (or at least didn't find) was the possibility to create a tag...
from the Engineering department...
ABB Conductor NT
Originally posted by Ravindra on 6 October, 2001 - 12:33 pm
can any body help me how to fix the crash of the ABB Conductor NT ver 4.0 primary server and redundant server?
New Replies:
Dear Sir, I am Absolutely aggree with your point. The memory leakages is very worst in the...
By Douglas Firlotte on 14 October, 2001 - 4:38 pm -
Memory could be an issue. All versions of Conductor NT appear to have memory leaks, although the...
ERP & Automation Software
Originally posted by Pedro_Miguel_Carri on 4 October, 2001 - 9:57 am
I want to know if in some plants who is in charge of the work of integrate the ERP and automation software?
New Replies:
I did ERP for Effective Business Solutions using BAAN-4, at NITIE, Powai, Mumbai, India. You could...
Hai Anand , Where have you taken the training of the ERP Packages manufacturing, process control...
Originally posted by Andrew Minett on 31 July, 2001 - 9:08 pm
I'm trying (with little luck) to write a linux RS485 driver for a RS232/RS485 converter and a single RS485 bus device. I'm not sure what is happening but we cannot seem to get the RS485 bus to listen or talk. ...
New Replies:
Thanks for the reply. Regards, Andrew Minett...
from the Computer Science department...
What is OPC Data Acces 2.0
Originally posted by Maya on 9 October, 2001 - 1:17 pm
What is OPC data Access 2.0.
New Replies:
By Ralph Mackiewicz on 14 October, 2001 - 4:34 pm -
A few responses on the OPC 2.0 question went like this: > OPC is a specification for how...
OPC is the protocol for connection (OLE for process control), connnect to www.opcfoundation to find...
By Conrad Fernandez on 10 October, 2001 - 1:25 pm -
Maya, The OPC data access 2.0 is a specification for the communications protocol to be used by OPC...
It's a specification for a COM interface commonly used to get data into and out of control systems....
A specification. See http://www.opcfoundation.org/...
OPC is a specification for how software applications talk to each other -- information available at...
Excel Security
Originally posted by George Robertson on 11 October, 2001 - 7:12 pm
Anyone got any bright ideas on how to make an excel spreadsheet that can only be run from a particular PC?
New Replies:
Jo just have to realize that this possibly make it harder to copy it, it will not actually prevent...
You can use Excel Visual Basic and write a function to read the PC name on the registry (I do not...
Only one I can think of is to enable macros, use the VBeditor to look up machine name or look for...
PLC development under Mac OS X
Posted by luigi on 14 October, 2001 - 11:50 am
May anyone suggest a PLC development program that can be ported to Mac OS X?
Originally posted by Jiri Baum on 6 October, 2001 - 12:46 pm
Fortunately, these days systems can be configured to use better (or worse) authentication methods than that...
New Replies:
Actually, the biggest "problem" with SSL and friends is the huge hardware resources they...
I don't exactly know about what kind of users you have in mind here. I am yet to meet an automation...
from the help needed please!!!!!!! department...
Labview datasocket & OPC servers
Originally posted by Richard Bland on 9 October, 2001 - 1:03 pm
Using Kepware Kepserver, siemens S7 plc and Labview 6i. Lots of slowdown when using multiple datasocket writes in same while loop...
New Replies:
hi I have alittle experience with scada's and plc's (S7!). The major item to watchout for is that...
Originally posted by Gary Weage on 5 October, 2001 - 1:24 pm
I would sure like a copy (or a variety) of some VB code that talks to SLC's...using DF1 would be
fine. I may not ever "need" it, but would like to know more about it. Anyone legally able to send me some?
New Replies:
If you got anything Please let me know.. I'm trying to read/write to an SLC with VB Thanks Offer...
Access OPC Server using Java
Originally posted by Alvin Goh on 20 June, 2001 - 2:00 pm
Does any body have a guideline or a sample program of accessing OPC server in Java language.
New Replies:
I am also looking for a free sample program to access OPC server in Java language. oliver ...
Select Page: Previous 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for
word what you shouldn't have said.
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive