Select Page: Previous 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 Next
Control.com topic...
Software in Automation
Topic: Software, including programming, OS issues, etc.
from the Automation List department...
How to get data from ABB ProControl on VAX
Originally posted by Tom McAuliffe on 1 August, 2001 - 10:02 am
Need to access data from an ABB ProControl Plant Managment Software database which is running on a VAX (I think its running VMS)
New Replies:
If you are going to request PMS data once in a while, the ABB's ODBC driver works. But the...
melsec medoc help please
Originally posted by adam on 17 May, 2001 - 5:03 pm
I need to down load melsec medoc program for a project that I am doing if you can help me find a place to down load this prog I wood be very grateful
yours Adie
New Replies:
Hi Kevin, Came across your mail when I was searching for the medoc software. I will appreciate if...
Version control software
Originally posted by Kamalr on 29 September, 2001 - 8:23 am
I am looking for some s/ware app. that will manage the storage of my various PLCs, flow meters etc config. and allow me to enter simple revision info. for each configuration. Does any one know of such a software?
New Replies:
Siemens has such a software for field devices. As far as I know, It is not only for Siemens...
By Johan Bengtsson on 1 October, 2001 - 4:20 pm -
The tool I use for this is CVS It is avaliable in some different flavours, from text based to a...
HART OPC Server
Originally posted by Mara Lunaci on 1 October, 2001 - 10:54 am
I'm searching for an HART OPC Server. I have tried hartcomm OPC server, but trying it with different OPC clients we have seen that it is not
completely compliant with OPC specifications and it generates errors in the OPC clients. Are there experiences with other HART OPC server?
New Replies:
Mara, one site that you could check would be http://SoftwareToolBox.com. They are a good site for...
Microsoft .Net's impact to Automation Industry
Originally posted by Mark Meng on 27 August, 2001 - 10:50 am
As Microsoft's new software development tool .net will be launched soon, has anybody in the industry evaluated the impact it could put on
automation, especially the area of HMI...
New Replies:
I guess the thing that bothers me most is that almost everybody will get into .NET before anybody...
Perhaps my letter was a bit long and unclear. Company 'B' is proposing the exact same third party...
Data is not information. This is why I mentioned that "standard application software...
Now that's strange, coming from my background the scripting would probably make a lot more sense...
> Yup, that's why the MAT LinuxPLC is using explicit de-allocation. (Of > course,...
This happens all over, several times someone has attempted to hire me to install something they've...
Scott: > the Dot Net Common Language Runtime (CLR) garbage collector (server > version) can...
Hmmm, that ends up with U < 0, quite a weak market share if I might say so... I agree with you....
Walt Boyes: > I was not using "good" in its moral sense. I was using...
Johan Bengtsson: > i get vague and "impossible" requests at work too, i argue, i get...
Now that's rude, and totally uncalled-for. Jiri -- Jiri Baum <jiri@baum.com.au>...
moores3@squared.com: > one of my friends use to say, "There are two laws to UNIX: 1)...
moores3@squared.com: > Taking a look at the Linux PLC web site that has a link off >...
By Joe Jansen/ENGR/HQ/KEMET/US on 28 September, 2001 - 3:03 pm -
OK, I _do_ have to take offense at that comment: AT varying points in my life, I have been...
No, you appear to have misread what I said. I said Product Pretty had _more_ market share than...
Jiri: > > cut -f2 table.txt | sort | uniq -c | sort -n > > Here, there are four...
Good Luck Michael !!! I experienced EXACTLY the same scenario. Fortunately Mr. "X" won...
> This is as true as gravity: a product is "good" if a large > percentage of the...
Ralph Mackiewicz said: > Thank you for the detailed description of how to accomplish this on...
The use of piping the UNIX tools to produce some output is interesting. It really goes along with...
I have a little story to tell, which I will relate without mentioning the names of any...
Add to the law of good enough the corollary of the recognizable. How many of us buy a particular...
By Vladimir E. Zyubin on 26 September, 2001 - 9:57 am -
Hello Mark, Yes. Profit culculation is the only one right way to make decision. But a problem...
By Joe Jansen/ENGR/HQ/KEMET/US on 26 September, 2001 - 9:53 am -
I agree completely. It is all about value. Return On Investment. So if the manufacturer, who you...
At 13:00 05/09/01 -0500, Curt Wuollet wrote: <clip> >That is as close I think, as we can...
All, I had this e-conversation on another forum and Jim Pinto suggested I share it here. I...
Ok, I'll try to explan one possible buisness model: I have a problem I need to solve, in my...
> I think that Mr. Griffin has "hit the nail on the head" with his analysis. > The...
> 1) Until recently it has been very difficult or impossible to > connect most...
> > he does not consider himself to be a developer from a computing > > perspective. He...
Jiri: > > A lot of the time it's frustrating for us, too, because many of the > >...
No, you are absolutely incorrect. Your example of illegal drugs is specious and does not pertain...
I think that Mr. Griffin has "hit the nail on the head" with his analysis. The point of...
Hi Micheal That is as close I think, as we can come from published and leaked sources. Put the...
from the Help... department...
File types with extensions .flb, .zf7
Originally posted by Egner Aceros on 28 September, 2001 - 1:49 pm
I have files with the extension *.flb ,*.zf7.
I tried open it with "cimplicity", but the software doesn't open this files. Do you know which the software is?
New Replies:
Well... no. The extension .flb is the archive extension for GE Fanuc Versapro ladder logic. It is a...
I tried http://extsearch.com/. flb is listed as belonging to a program called PAPYRUS. zf7 is not...
Originally posted by Pablo Gutierrez on 28 June, 2001 - 1:14 am
Software for Laptop and PC connection via parallel ports
New Replies:
I need the same prog for dos as i need to connect two pcs via dcc ...
Help to test ModbusRTU and ModbusTCP slave emulators?
Originally posted by Alexander Beketov jr. on 26 September, 2001 - 1:49 pm
Can anybody help us to test the emulators? The programs are still "betas"...
New Replies:
Is there any manual or help file for the emulators ?...
from the LinuxPLC Project department...
OPTO B1 Brainboard
Originally posted by Brent192 on 25 September, 2001 - 12:56 pm
I'm looking for some linux based software for an OPTO B1 brainboard. I came across some OPTO hardware and being the tinker that I am, want to interface it with a linux system in order to perform basic functions.
New Replies:
I do not think that you need any special software to talk Optomux with Linux. Serial I/O is built...
PanelMate Remote I/O network transfer option
Originally posted by redrev on 28 July, 2001 - 12:31 pm
I need to update the configuration usually on a PanelMate (cutler-hammer) operator interface which is in connection with an AB PLC5.
New Replies:
I have completed a couple of projects using the panelmate and the AB remote I/O option. This is...
Select Page: Previous 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
Security check: INTRUDER ALERT!
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive