Select Page: Previous 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 Next
Control.com topic...
Software in Automation
Topic: Software, including programming, OS issues, etc.
from the Automation List department...
Microsoft .Net's impact to Automation Industry
Originally posted by Mark Meng on 27 August, 2001 - 10:50 am
As Microsoft's new software development tool .net will be launched soon, has anybody in the industry evaluated the impact it could put on
automation, especially the area of HMI...
New Replies:
> This discussion started when someone asked about Microsoft and > dot Net. If I can drift...
Interspersed with major snippage, at @@@@ > -----Original Message----- > From: The...
Success rates for these major projects are below 50%. I suspect the platform chosen is a major...
By Michael R. Batchelor on 18 September, 2001 - 4:42 pm -
The possibility of a class action suite where the only people to profit are lawyers. In the USA the...
Hi Greg Greg Goodman wrote: > > One small point here is that the Open Source Software...
As far as I can tell, every time the rules were broken, the situation was somehow resolved without...
Good to hear from you Dave! This discussion started when someone asked about Microsoft and dot...
Hi Willy I'm just catching up and thought your remark needed a reply. Below. > Probably none,...
Curt: As I repeat every month, once a month for what must now be 2 years........We are all fully...
Most of the time, you don't even need to do that: just have the secret part as a script that the...
In that sense, Linux is extremely successful; it is a product that very nearly perfectly matches...
I'm not sure it's in the OSS community's best interest to tout that we have rules against piracy,...
One small point here is that the Open Source Software community etal. is extremely unlikely to sue...
This is a spurious argument. In the first place, the definition of a "good product" is...
Again, Curt, I find I disagree with you. There is no doubt that the security issues of networking...
My take on this: I agree that there are a lot of people who try to make good products for their...
Actually Joe I'm not really pleased by the fact that the majority of the computing public has...
I am compelled to add my 2 cents worth here. Having worked in the control industry for 15 years...
cww, I ABSOLUTELY AGREE !! Even though I'm a MSAE and a long term Beta Tester, there's no way I'd...
By Joe Jansen/ENGR/HQ/KEMET/US on 13 September, 2001 - 2:59 pm -
Curt, You should love this one then: ...
You can probably do this: If you have some sensitive processing you can't possibly release, you...
Out of the borrough for a short period.... Star Office does read .doc files and .xls files upto...
I thought I should perhaps mention that if someone is trying to avoid any GPL issues, they...
Hi Mark Forgive me if I'm not swayed by the MS privacy statement. I find their credibility...
By Joe Jansen/ENGR/HQ/KEMET/US on 12 September, 2001 - 2:13 pm -
To quote Jim Allchin group Vice president of MS Platform Group. From an interview with eWeek...
By Joe Jansen/ENGR/HQ/KEMET/US on 12 September, 2001 - 2:12 pm -
I touched on this in my other reply. eWeek, August 13. Page 20. Jim Allchin (VP, MS platforms...
This convulsion process is described very clearly by Clayton M. Christensen, Harvard Business...
Of course - and if you can do that by grabbing stuff off the net somewhere, adding a few lines and...
Hi everybody, I was thinking how to put in my (bad) english an answer to all the crap about .NET...
On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Jiri Baum wrote: > Michael: > > Unless I can cover the entire cost of...
Hailstorm and Passport are Microsoft services built with .NET. You can build your own services...
c/c++ with MsAccess
Originally posted by kiran on 27 April, 2001 - 2:42 pm
How to use c/c++ with MsAccess as database?
New Replies:
My problem is a bit different as i wanna use only C++ bcos my project is already in MSAccess and...
Another multi-faceted Worm
Originally posted by George (Jim) Hebbard on 20 September, 2001 - 11:53 am
Another worm: see
http://www.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/01/09/18/010918hnworm.xml? 0918alert
New Replies:
A bad case of worms. A little arsenic would not hurt. The issue of the actual worm in question...
Yeah, but we could get at their data anytime we want. Who needs carnivore when VB will do? Regards ...
from the help !!!! department...
Parallel port access
Originally posted by Pratyush Lal on 18 September, 2001 - 1:44 pm
Need to program a paralle port to control a 3 axis cutting platform.
New Replies:
Hello Pratyush, I hope you are talking plain about controlling a device which expects some...
Pratyush Are you talking about low level programming of the port ie inp oup etc in 'C' Or have you...
Pratyush, We need more info. What OS are you using? What programming language(s)? How fast do the...
use of ECSCAD LT
Originally posted by J-F Portala on 2 August, 2000 - 11:04 am
Evaluating ECSCAD LT as a soft tool for managing electrical drawings. Has anyone else used it?
New Replies:
Hello, We're a company based in Paris and we sell ECSCAD as well as ECSCAD LT. - - - Bonjour, nous...
from the IEC 60870-5-103 department...
Protection Relays SCADA Interface
Originally posted by Naveen Nagar on 28 July, 2001 - 11:49 pm
Where can I get detailed specifications of IEC 60870-5-103 ( SCADA Interface for Protection relays ). I am trying to write a driver for the same.
New Replies:
We are also interested in developing driver for the same. IEC protocol detail should be available...
SECS drivers for Linux
Originally posted by Shlomo Shmuelov on 19 June, 2001 - 3:29 pm
Need free SECS driver for LInux

New Replies:
Are you still looking for SECS drivers? john@edgeintegration.com ...
from the Where ar you my driver ? department...
DDE driver S7-200
Originally posted by Dag Madland on 13 September, 2001 - 10:27 am
I need a low cost (or free) Siemens S7 DDE-driver for my private project.
New Replies:
Contact your Siemens distributor and ask about Simatic micro computing ...
Try http://www.softwaretoolbox.com/quicklink.asp?partnumber=41233119 John Weber ...
Try Modbus, you can configure one of the two comm ports on the 216 to it. ...
Windows XP ?
Originally posted by Mark Hill on 17 August, 2001 - 12:11 pm
I'm currently testing Windows XP on various software applications and was wondering if anyone had tested their commercial SCADA application developer (Intellution, Wonderware, Wizcon etc) ?
New Replies:
As for Wonderware, you can phone them at 1-800-966-3371 and ask tech support what is supported. It...
By Joseph Luft, FasTrak SoftWorks, Inc. on 14 September, 2001 - 11:35 am -
Mark, We have tested our ControlShop SCADA product extensively on Windows XP and have found no...
Alternative Programming Software for A-B Micrologix PLC
Originally posted by Mark Chaplin on 9 May, 2001 - 6:07 pm
Low cost alternative to RS Logix 500 and/or AI 500
New Replies:
If you want to program MicroLogix 1000/SLC fixed/SLC 500 fixed/01/02/04/05 , old APS s/w is the...
S7 timer doubt
Originally posted by Eduardo Herrera on 7 September, 2001 - 1:48 pm
Does anybody know how to assign a preset from a db to a timer??

New Replies:
>I have declared in DB70 a variable called time with type s5time..Now.. I want to assign that...
Select Page: Previous 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
Support your local Search and Rescue unit -- get lost.
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive