Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Control.com topic...
Power Generation
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
from the operations department...
Loss of Cooling Water to Steam Turbine Condenser
Originally posted by sriram sandep on 12 August, 2014 - 7:13 pm
What will happen in special circumstances when there is a loss of Cooling water supply to the condenser
New Replies:
You will have to look at the protection logic for the diverter damper, but I believe tripping the...
from the Controls department...
Mark-VI Control System T-core Issue
Originally posted by srh on 10 April, 2014 - 6:49 am
Issue being faced on T-core of Mark-VI
New Replies:
Hi, Which plant are you from? Country? My friend from a plant in the middle east had the same...
from the Mechanical department...
Exit Guide vanes of Gas Turbines
Originally posted by Izhar on 19 July, 2014 - 4:24 pm
Gas turbine exit guide vanes and how to use them
New Replies:
Hello There, Based on my experience with GT, I will try to answer your questions. However I...
Izhar, Thanks for the feedback! We don't know what kind of combustion system is used on the...
> Thanks fluid flow. I have sent you an email. Hello there Just wanted to update about the...
from the POWER PLANT department...
IGV for DLN Type Without IBH
Originally posted by ABDI on 24 July, 2014 - 1:56 am
If a turbine has DLN (Dry Low NOx) combustors, IGV exhaust temperature control is not operator-selectable. Is it always on?
New Replies:
abdi, There's nothing I can add to change your supervisors minds. I would just like to see the...
Hi CSA, I totally believe you about your discussion that the IGV MODE FOR DLN TYPE must be ON....
Originally posted by Bill Futch on 12 August, 2014 - 4:08 pm
Starting motor does not cutout when a normal shutdown is given below 60% speed.
New Replies:
Bill Futch, I don't have any Frame 7EA sequencing to look at as of this writing, but I can say...
from the Power Generation department...
Getting a better understanding of GT control PART 2
Originally posted by Neo on 11 July, 2014 - 10:48 pm
Getting a better understanding of GT control PART 2.
New Replies:
CSA: Your NO/NC explanation helps! I think i should keep that when the NO/NO contact is...
Neo, Hope the NO/NC explanation was clear. I can sort of understand how people can be confused...
CSA: Thank you for your patient reply for NO/NC contact. ...
Neo, Sure! You can ask questions--that's what we're here for. Where to start? (Why is it...
CSA Can i ask one basic question before we go on L4T journey? What is the definition of NO...
CSA, Thanks for the encouragement. Yes, I'm learning a lot here. This is such a great...
from the Forum department...
Frame 9e Spike
Originally posted by PC on 11 August, 2014 - 6:15 pm
Frame 9e dwatt control
New Replies:
PC, When you say MW spike were the turbines operating in Pre-Selected Load Control at Part Load...
Originally posted by Blackstoneboy on 13 January, 2009 - 12:27 am
Can anyone explain to me what is the effect of closing the generator circuit breaker of which genset is not yet in phase with the synchronizing bus?
New Replies:
I have been around a generator that was synched about 30 degrees out of phase. There was a very...
Synchroscope consists of stator and rotor with single winding wounded on each. the two ends of...
Atomizing air cooler modification
Originally posted by Izhar on 9 August, 2014 - 3:29 am
Atomizing Air Cooler Modification
New Replies:
I want to add my two cents. >> How would I be able to by pass the AA system as we are...
Izhar, I would be extremely surprised--but not shocked--to learn that there is no temperature...
One more thing, How would I be able to by pass the AA system as we are using gas only. We some time...
Thanks CSA/Fluidflow. I am learning al ot from you guys. Here is my response: CSA We have two...
Hello There, Atomizing Air is utilized for a)Make right solution of air fuel mixture in...
Izhar, I believe if you look at the Device Summary, the High Atomizing Air Temperature Switch is...
Gas Turbine Gearbox Bearing Damage
Originally posted by Izhar on 6 August, 2014 - 12:53 pm
Possible causes for gas turbine gearbox bearing damage
New Replies:
Hi Izhar, I have just realized your question No: 3 is about accessory coupling between the...
Hi Izhar, If you are certain about the problem, you have two ways to go. The remedial work to...
Hi Toral Thanks for the response. 1) Its interesting to see that the upper half and lower...
Hi Izhar, I think you have to put the correct diagnosis to the problem. Otherwise your effort...
GE MS6001B exhaust over temperature
Originally posted by ahmed on 10 August, 2014 - 5:04 am
have a problem of over exhaust temperature in GE MS6001B unit lead to the unit goes into temperature control mode during start up
New Replies:
ahmed, Cleverly hidden at the far right edge of the Menu bar of every control.com page is a...
from the Simulation department...
Steam Turbine Speed Controller
Originally posted by kuldeep on 13 January, 2010 - 3:51 am
How Steam Turbine Speed Controller works?
New Replies:
thanks for reply. but my confusion is if you select ISCHO mode in steam turbine, it means the...
Changing Careers looking for advice
Originally posted by surya on 10 February, 2014 - 6:28 am
Please give me some guidelines that i am changing my careers from mechanical stream to instrumentation
New Replies:
fluidflow, Oh, trust me--I understand about the misgivings one can have when leaving The...
Dear CSA, Thank you for being so understanding and generous. Once again you very correctly...
fluidflow, Thank you for the kind words. I wish your experience had been much better. Had you...
Hello There, CSA I have very high regard for your opinions and advice which helps me a lot in my...
Steam turbine Bypass Locks
Posted by raul on 9 August, 2014 - 2:45 am
Approximate number of steam bypass locks
from the Engineering department...
PSVO servo control module
Originally posted by N.V.Q on 7 August, 2014 - 4:47 am
Mark VI hardware system---PSVO servo control module
New Replies:
> I'm a little confused here. GE doesn't usually sell equipment to be configured > and...
N.V.Q, I'm a little confused here. GE doesn't usually sell equipment to be configured and...
Dear CSA, you're right, PSVO pack and TSVO terminal board. It is my mistake when saying BSVOH. ...
N.V.Q, I/O Packs are not used with Mark VI turbine control systems; only with Mark VIe turbine...
Ansaldo V94.2 Gas turbine fogging system
Originally posted by HER on 11 March, 2010 - 10:35 am
power increase of V94.2 gas turbine by inlet fogging system
New Replies:
By Mohammad Alreyyashi on 8 August, 2014 - 4:19 pm -
try to change the TETC by increasing it. if you don't have access or permission for this increment...
Topic: Continuous process industries, DCS questions.
Null Current of Integrating Actuator
Originally posted by Gary on 7 August, 2014 - 11:49 am
What is the null current of an integrating actuator?
New Replies:
Wow, you are the best, Robert. I got more than I could from the woodward technical support. Thanks...
Robert Scott, EXCELLENT write-up! Thanks very much....
The TM-55 Actuators come in two types. One is the Proportional type. (This is not the type you...
Posted by Chris Wehr on 7 August, 2014 - 7:42 pm
Looking for descriptions/definitions of Mode 1 and Mode 2
from the service engineer department...
voltage variation with load variation on generators
Originally posted by henry lob on 7 August, 2014 - 7:24 am
increase in voltage with increase in load tripping tools
New Replies:
henry lob, My first question would be: What has changed? Presumably, things were working...
Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
Just go with the flow control, roll with the crunches, and, when you
get a prompt, type like hell.
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive