Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Control.com topic...
Power Generation
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
from the Forum department...
Gas Turbine Low CPD
Originally posted by RY on 6 November, 2014 - 9:43 pm
GT CPD dropped by 0.5 bars and 10MW.
New Replies:
> My gas turbine (GE Frame 9E) CPD dropped 0.5bar within 2-3 hours and load dropped at about...
Originally posted by Marcin2706 on 5 November, 2014 - 2:19 am
I want to develop a mathematical model of Gas Turbine - GE Frame 9. I want to get some informations about compressor.
New Replies:
Thanks all of you for answers. I did not think that, these data are very confidential. I...
Marco Polo, This information isn't in the Control Specification (which, among other things,...
I have often wondered... Can't this info the poster seek, be had from the control constant of a new...
Marcin, We're happy you're getting a lot of good information from control.com. However, the...
Originally posted by CTM151282 on 3 November, 2014 - 11:29 pm
Looking for rotor temperature calculation
New Replies:
Thank you so much Mr. Phil Corso Regards CTM > Correction to my earlier post: > e)...
Correction to my earlier post: e) Tx = [(Rx/Ro)*(Kcu+To)] - Kcu, where Phil ...
CTM using my GiFiES (pronounced "Jiffys") technique: Given: Excitation Volts,...
Dear Mr. Corso, Please share. it will be helpful for me. Thank You Regards CTM...
CTM... the calculation is extremely complicated. If you need a relatively accurate Temperature...
from the safety department...
Generators and Short Circuits
Posted by mas on 6 November, 2014 - 11:04 pm
Which is more disastrous-shorting & starting a generator or short circuit happening on a generator running on load.
from the SWID department...
MARK VI Turbine with Alarm XMIT
Originally posted by Fadhel on 1 November, 2014 - 5:54 am
Ge mark vi turbine trip with (ALARM XMIT SUSPENDED. CPU SWITCHED)
New Replies:
As per this SOE, what was the exact time you experienced the TRIP?...
Fadhel, The alarm 'ALARM XMIT SUSPENDED. CPU SWITCHED' has been covered in previous threads on...
from the Operation department...
How to Add Event or Alarms in MARKVI
Originally posted by technical on 3 November, 2014 - 4:40 pm
How to add event in cimplicity and find source of ground alarm?
New Replies:
MIKEVI, Thanks very much for the information. Your practice of 'Validate'ing a file before...
Dear CSA, I shall endeavor to answer your questions correctly. Why is it necessary to 'Validate'...
CSA my question is correct. every trip on my turbine ms7001EA i trip with: ALM GAS XFER PURGE...
now i need your experience. i have MARK VI and how i can find my cards of markvi types and...
very thank's for your information. for the second question i will investigate and i will reply...
MIKEVI, Quick question: Why is it necessary to 'Validate' the .hmb file and then 'Put to the...
Dear Technical, your procedure sounds almost correct. If you are making changes to logic only,...
from the Power Generation department...
Gas Turbine control - Hardware Part Trip of L4
Originally posted by Neo on 19 October, 2014 - 8:02 am
When Hardware causes the trip of L4
New Replies:
CSA: Thanks! It really helps! Best regards Neo...
Neo, 1) Yes; there are ways to trip the turbine via the Control Oil or Trip Oil system. Units...
CSA Thank you for your detailed response,and it really helps! 1) "Yes; you are...
Originally posted by John on 30 May, 2014 - 2:49 pm
Accidentally spinning command disabled during coasting down time from shutdown
New Replies:
Dear John, I can't help you here. Anyhow, probably you want to ask these questions to your...
from the Operations department...
Steam turbine shutdown
Originally posted by C. Reihl on 25 October, 2014 - 7:52 pm
What is the proper sequence for shutting down a combined cycle plant? Gas turbine or Steam Turbine first?
New Replies:
Thanks everyone for the input, it appears that there is more than one way to shut down a block. ...
THANK YOU for the time and effort to help this old man learn a little something about what is...
Hey dude, I didn't even address your comments! I will do that here. > IF the BPV open as...
JFB, Last night's explanation was a more high leveled one, but you are correct in your...
caleb, If you don't mind, I would like to question you about your comments. First, I have never...
Originally posted by Rokan Uddin on 1 November, 2014 - 12:49 pm
What is the minimum time to run Turning Gear for GE-9E dual fuel gas turbine?
New Replies:
Well explained by CSA Take care G.Rajesh...
Rokan Uddin, GE TAs typically have extremely little experience operating GE-design heavy duty...
from the Commissioning department...
Lube oil pressure during speed up
Originally posted by Mr Handsome on 31 October, 2014 - 5:37 pm
How does the lube oil pressure change during steam turbine speed up?
New Replies:
>-Relief valve adjusted around 1.5 to 1.7 bar >centrifugal pump, it is commonly used in this...
>Is the device that sets the bearing >header pressure to 1.5 a relief of a >reducing...
> Sorry I cannot share the PID so I guess we can play "twenty questions" as the...
The MOP is AC driven, with two different discharges, one is HP for auto stop oil and the other LP...
would it be possible to provide a legeble scan of the oil system schematic on a file share site? ...
Hey Handsome, Is the main oil pump turbine driven? At our plant, the steam turbine has an...
from the Thermal Engineering department...
Thermal Efficiency Improvement of a Combined Cycle Power Plant
Originally posted by Sreesankar J on 29 October, 2014 - 3:18 am
Thermal Efficiency Improvement of a Combined cycle power plant by absorbing excess Flue gas temperature without altering any design parameters.
New Replies:
Hello there, In a conventional Boiler, exit gas temp. is independent of Steam pressure . But if...
Hey there, I'm sure you are aware of the fact that materials degrade over time. Furthermore,...
Can try Increasing feed water flow in HRGS as well. can employ a Temp-Feed water flow logic on the...
from the Power generation department...
Generator and Capacitor Bank
Originally posted by fluidflow on 22 July, 2014 - 1:04 am
Totally stumped by the recent brawl over utility of capacitor bank in power generation.
New Replies:
Dear Phil, I will try to send you a scanned copy of Generator Capability Curves, which in my...
Some useful information. Take care G.Rajesh...
Topic: PLCs and related questions.
from the Maintenance department...
Issue with a Siemens 331 AI card
Originally posted by Chris on 28 October, 2014 - 8:31 pm
Experiencing an issue with an output on an AI card. Have a valid analog signal from the field device to the remote I/O PLC, but nothing from there to the control PLC.
New Replies:
I have 6 identical units using the 331 and only one of them has this problem. I suspected a common...
Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
The devil finds work for idle circuits to do.
Advertise here
advertisements
Servo, stepping motor control, analog & web HMI in one system!
View free setup and multi-vendor EtherCAT demo videos online
Servo, steppers, analog, digital & web HMI - Fully Integrated!
164-page eBook free download - EtherCAT Applications Guide
Control.com is the largest Automation community on the web. Learn how to advertise here now...
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive