Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Control.com topic...
Power Generation
Topic: Engineering and workplace issues.
from the electrical engineering department...
% impedance of power transformer
Originally posted by ramesh on 5 August, 2008 - 1:12 am
Elaborate on % impedance of power transformer.
New Replies:
Hello Phil: Thank you for the speedy reply. I would like as much accuracy as possible from...
Hello Phil: Thank you for the speedy reply. I would like as much accuracy as possible from...
AT... OK! Let's start with basics: A) Given: kVA(L) = 800; PF(L) = 0.8; kV(L) =0.48; Xfmr's %...
Hello Phil: Yes, the loading information is not listed on the Xfmr's Nameplate. Yes, I am trying...
AT... I hope you don't mind my asking the following just to be sure about your query: 1) A...
Hello Phil: I have a question. I have a 1000kVA Delta-Wye transformer with 13.8kV/0.48kV, Z% =...
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
from the Engineering department...
Changing the Turbine Fuel Composition
Originally posted by Ali Shakarami on 30 March, 2014 - 7:13 am
use fuel gas with composition different from composition that issues by GE
New Replies:
shakarami, You should contact the gas turbine supplier (GE). I cannot tell you the impact. It is...
from the Forum department...
Mark V Voter Mismatch
Originally posted by Ron on 10 September, 2013 - 12:46 pm
Voter mismatch alarms on a 7EA Mark V system.
New Replies:
smd123, Thanks for the feedback!...
All, Just a quick reply to bring this matter to a conclusion: 1. FU4 was definitely blown....
from the Diesel Electric DP Vessels department...
Detection methods for AVR loss of sensing in weak networks
Originally posted by Yngve S on 18 March, 2014 - 3:12 pm
I am looking for ways to detect a loss of sensing voltage scenario on weak grids in offshore power systems installed in rigs and DP vessels
New Replies:
Hi Hanafy and thank you for your insightful response. Adjusting the AVR limiters would have been...
Hi Usually in AVR control algorithm, the voltage controller is cascaded with field current...
from the BFWP pressure high is high, isnt it? department...
BFWP (Boiler feedwater pump) pressure
Originally posted by mxromen on 12 March, 2011 - 9:30 am
why does is BFWP HP discharge is so high after feed water control valve
New Replies:
This is a common enough occurrence when you replace am existing old BFP with a new one. The new...
Can you explain to me a question: In my power plant, there are 2 BFP for 1 Unit and they are...
@J. Moszynski The first condition which you mentioned typically occurs during a boiler startup,...
By Rangarajan Desikachar on 24 March, 2014 - 8:15 am -
It seems BFWPs in power plants are always designed for considerably excess pressure to cater for...
Topic: Sensor technologies.
from the I&C department...
ATEX Ex ic or ATEX Ex nA ?
Originally posted by Daniel on 12 March, 2014 - 11:21 pm
ATEX Ex ic or ATEX Ex nA ?
New Replies:
Hi, Normally from technical point of view it is required unification of solution. So if you use...
from the Takoradi Thermal Power station-ghana department...
Rotational direction of GE F9001e Turbine
Posted by Theophilus tetteh Ahia on 27 March, 2014 - 3:57 am
what are the main reasons for GE F9001e turbines running in the anti-clockwise direction when view in the direction of air flow
Originally posted by Ayman Elsebaii on 27 May, 2013 - 3:34 pm
Problem of high exhaust temperature in frame V Gas Turbine
New Replies:
This thread is old i wonder has the original poster found what went wrong? I am thinking the...
I agree with Samy there. This is a gradual unloading shutdown of the gas turbine & not a trip...
Hi there, Perhaps you can clarify the followings :- 1. Was it a spark or fire-ball came out...
from the Electrical department...
Fault level ISc
Originally posted by Shaheed on 17 March, 2014 - 2:01 am
I was selecting a main incomer VCB for a turbo generator TG of 16000KW. I proposed VCB of 31.5KA but an expert calculated fault level total 23.62KA and advised to select VCB of 25KA.
New Replies:
Sir, Phil corso, I am grateful for your valued information and guidance. Regards, Shaheed...
Shaheed... further to my post on grounding. Ground-Fault level has little to do with 3-phase...
Shaheed... Expert's calc'n shows the Grid contribution as 14.4kA! Which of the Swgr cubicles...
Shaheed... correction to earlier post: The busbar, its joints, insulators, and bus-stubs, must...
Shaheed... regarding you ground-fault concerns; what are the parameters of the selected NGT or...
Shaheed... your size-calc of the GTG's VCB Isc is based on your presumption that the Gen's...
Sir, I beg your pardon, frankly speaking, the question is like admkhan. The actual scenario is!...
Shaheed... one question; What is Rated Short-Circuit Interrupting and Closing-Duty of the...
Sir, Thank you for reply. I had emailed you the expert provided sheet but not received you!...
from the Starting device tripped department...
Gas turbine starting device trip generated
Originally posted by V K GUPTA on 23 March, 2014 - 12:49 am
Our machine got tripped on alarm "starting device tripped". Machine was achieved speed 14HM level and waiting for 14HA.
New Replies:
Mr. Gupta, You did not tell us what kind of starting means is used to purge and help accelerate...
from the Industrial project department...
Saving Energery while Increasing Power Factor
Originally posted by sajeev12 on 23 March, 2014 - 11:28 am
Industrial project on to save energy while increasing the power factor
New Replies:
Dear all, You mean that the power factor in the auxiliary equipment dropped to 0.747? In the...
from the Instrument & Control department...
Loop Powdered Inductive Sensor Voltage and Current Fluctuation
Originally posted by I&C Engineer_Evil Genius on 20 March, 2014 - 2:47 pm
Inductive Sensor voltage as well as current starts fluctuating very frequently (from 5mA to 19mA / DC voltage 6VDC to 24VDC)
New Replies:
Is this a new installation or something that used to work? These types of NAMUR sensors usually...
> We have 2-wire loop powered (24VDC/4~20mA) inductive sensor installed > on Steam Turbine...
Export logic - toolbox
Originally posted by Pierre on 21 March, 2014 - 10:14 am
Export data from rung in a excel sheet
New Replies:
Pierre, Have you looked in the Toolbox 'Help' function? Have you clicked on the File Menu...
from the powerplant department...
Atomizing Pressure
Originally posted by ABDI on 20 March, 2014 - 7:03 am
When unit starts we always have low atomizing pressure alarm
New Replies:
ABDI, Hmmmm,..... Well,..... You seem to be saying that the turbine (without telling us what...
Topic: Engineering and workplace issues.
from the Modeling 3-winding xfo on EasyPower department...
3 winding transfromer model
Originally posted by Lespoils on 19 March, 2014 - 10:20 am
Need help finding R1 X1 R0 X0 from Z=X% and need help finding Zst on a 3-winding xfo.
New Replies:
Lespoils... if there is the possibility you can get secondary and tertiary loads about equal,...
Lespoils... stop hitting you head against a brick wall! You said it yourself... "Maybe I'm...
from the ABB Advant department...
ABB OS500 upgrade
Originally posted by Will P. on 5 March, 2014 - 5:46 pm
ABB OS500 upgrade to newer version HP B2600
New Replies:
Will, you are correct that the extensions program only backs up the ABB station settings,...
Mark V Ribbon cables
Posted by Pashka on 20 March, 2014 - 5:39 am
Exactly length of Mark V ribbon cables
Originally posted by Samnix on 17 March, 2014 - 1:18 pm
In an attempt to start a GE MS50001 turbine, the start command is not going through to the control system when it is clicked from the HMI.
New Replies:
Thank you very much for your response, I will do all of these things and get back to you on the...
Originally posted by Jack on 18 March, 2014 - 8:46 pm
Ground Fault Current Path for Multiple Sources
New Replies:
Jacků the Drawing you submitted is a generalized illustration of a 3-ph, 4-wire, LV (< 1,000V)...
Changing Careers looking for advice
Originally posted by surya on 10 February, 2014 - 6:28 am
Please give me some guidelines that i am changing my careers from mechanical stream to instrumentation
New Replies:
Hi CSA, Noted with thanks :)...
Originally posted by Arun on 18 March, 2014 - 2:05 pm
Regarding Purge Air Compressor/IBH/TK fan change over
New Replies:
> A Frame 6 DLN2 Dual Fuel is a rare beast. Can you confirm this is correct? > Is this a 6B...
Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
Ah say, son, you're about as sharp as a bowlin' ball.
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive