Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Control.com topic...
Power Generation
Originally posted by Bill Futch on 12 August, 2014 - 4:08 pm
Starting motor does not cutout when a normal shutdown is given below 60% speed.
New Replies:
Our units have air cooled generators but we do not have a ratchet assembly for slow roll or break...
So Bill here are my suggestions and thoughts on your issue. Some further clarification would be...
Bill, I am working on a reply to your post. Sounds like an interesting site, can't imagine...
One correction, when the turbine speed was holding 30% and the starting motor didn't drop out, the...
Thank you all for your replies. I apologize for this long post but I have a lot to talk about. ...
Bill, like CuriousOne I have seen this before on older units, it is the unfortunate part of Emerson...
I have not checked the logic either, but I experienced this problem on a MK1 controller. The...
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
from the Power Station department...
Efficiency of ac generators
Originally posted by UNGKU KAMAL on 7 March, 2013 - 1:12 pm
When using ac generators in Power Stations, what are the advantages of using " Flux Cutting " types, compared to using " Magnetic Induction " types.
New Replies:
> Since you seem so well-steeped in Lorentz Law, why don't you explain it to us, and tell us...
Posted by Ali on 20 August, 2014 - 7:30 am
Advantages of isochronous load sharing over iso-droop mode configuration of three generators.
Topic: Information resources, documentation.
from the Electrical department...
Steam Consumption for 50 Hz and 60 Hz
Posted by Aravazhi on 20 August, 2014 - 4:21 am
The Steam consumptions for using 50Hz & 60Hz
from the Power Generation department...
Getting a better understanding of GT control PART 2
Originally posted by Neo on 11 July, 2014 - 10:48 pm
Getting a better understanding of GT control PART 2.
New Replies:
CSA, Your response is much awaited. Your replies are very valuable to many of us. it helps in...
CSA I think you may miss this reply. Best regards! Neo...
from the Forum department...
PX_VIB_GAIN in Mark V
Originally posted by anonymous on 12 May, 2009 - 12:16 am
how PX_VIB_GAIN in mark V works?
New Replies:
I was on-site and had a look at this. The gain change was NOT a function of speed as the machine...
Perhaps GE has set the gain to vary with shaft rotative speed to create a sort-of parametric...
from the Operations department...
Load Commutated Inverter and Generator Neutral
Posted by Vinu on 19 August, 2014 - 5:43 pm
Difference in GE & SIEMENS Load Commutated Inverters.
from the Mechanical department...
Gas Turbine Gearbox Bearing Damage
Originally posted by Izhar on 6 August, 2014 - 12:53 pm
Possible causes for gas turbine gearbox bearing damage
New Replies:
Hello Toral I have taken some of the readings. I am surprised. Please see the below response. I...
Thanks a lot Toral. We have overhauled the gearbox. It's working fine. I have also contacted sohro...
from the CONTROLS department...
Increase External Load Mode of Turbine
Posted by BOB on 19 August, 2014 - 8:23 am
How can we increase initial load of GT (GE 9FA) after startup while being in external load?
from the Forum department...
Air filter DP v/s Air Flow
Originally posted by Sadashiv Bhise on 18 August, 2014 - 8:12 am
On rainy days Gas turbine unit load drops from 108 MW to 70 MW, reduction in air flow although there no increase in DP across Air filter.
New Replies:
> seems problem with air intake filter DP measurements. is it showing correct reading? It is...
seems problem with air intake filter DP measurements. is it showing correct reading?...
Posted by Jolek on 18 August, 2014 - 1:36 pm
Turbine MKVIe controllers not reaching online state
Atomizing air cooler modification
Originally posted by Izhar on 9 August, 2014 - 3:29 am
Atomizing Air Cooler Modification
New Replies:
> Power Saved in kWhr = (Main AA Comp Power rating in kWhr)*(Turbine running hours) > This...
Izhar, Power Saved in kWhr = (Main AA Comp Power rating in kWhr)*(Turbine running hours) This...
Izhar, What are each of the columns in the data? I see "GT," "Fr,"...
CSA/SB Thanks a lot for your inputs. CSA I really appreciate your responses. I am really sorry,...
Posted by banny on 18 August, 2014 - 4:45 am
How earth the collocated shelter that feed from one generator and spaced far apart?
Posted by . on 18 August, 2014 - 4:41 am
What is the position for Mark 4 HSAA card jumper when we want to perform calibration?
from the Low frequency operation of STG department...
Steam TG Low Frequency Operation in Island Mode
Originally posted by Storm Rider on 15 August, 2014 - 4:35 pm
Can I generate more power using low frequency operation of STG?
New Replies:
Storm Rider, It's not possible to run a turbine-generator set in parallel with...
Originally posted by faisal on 17 August, 2014 - 5:40 am
During start up combined cycle, GE 9E mark VI gas turbine tripped.
New Replies:
Faisal, Alarms occur in a sequential chronological order. That means that a list of alarms is...
from the Process Control department...
PQM II Setup for Generator
Originally posted by Chris IWO on 14 August, 2014 - 5:28 pm
Configuring a GE PMQ II for metering the power readings. Can anyone help with the specification I need to enter into the PQM?
New Replies:
Thanks CSA > I just had a quick look at the PQM II manual (GEK-106435P)--and it's pretty ...
Chris IWO, I just had a quick look at the PQM II manual (GEK-106435P)--and it's pretty darned...
from the operations department...
Loss of Cooling Water to Steam Turbine Condenser
Originally posted by sriram sandep on 12 August, 2014 - 7:13 pm
What will happen in special circumstances when there is a loss of Cooling water supply to the condenser
New Replies:
In addition to this reply, there is chance of breaking of condenser rupture disc if both CW pumps...
sriram sandep, >does steam turbine trip on condenser >protection activates the diverter...
You will have to look at the protection logic for the diverter damper, but I believe tripping the...
Frame 9E Gas Turbine
Originally posted by Izhar on 7 July, 2014 - 11:52 am
Frame 9E gas tubine impulse/reaction stages and special coating on compressor stages.
New Replies:
Hello There, Compressor Section Stage 0-1 C450 compressor bladeing (carpenter custom 450)...
Izhar, Though CSA has provided enough information, you may consider reading...
from the Maintenance department...
Governor Control
Originally posted by Scott_F on 30 April, 2006 - 8:22 am
Definition of Droop and Isoch
New Replies:
Very useful and clearly explained information on this thread. Now I have a question: how this...
Exit Guide vanes of Gas Turbines
Originally posted by Izhar on 19 July, 2014 - 4:24 pm
Gas turbine exit guide vanes and how to use them
New Replies:
E class Turbines Ap = exp(0.018 ΔTf) Ap is Peak firing severity factor and ΔTf is...
nice point there..yeah it truly helps...
Thanks again CSA/Fluidflow. I acknowledge all the details of the turbine and yes we on the right...
Hello There, Based on my experience with GT, I will try to answer your questions. However I...
Posted by KOKORI on 14 August, 2014 - 6:38 pm
Does a low temperature gas from the Water Bath Heater causes the Emergency Shut Down valve to close?
Steam Turbine Gear Box
Originally posted by Rangacharya on 14 August, 2014 - 2:29 am
15 MW Steam turbine gear box has high vibration at 3 to 4 MW load. What is the probable reason for this phenomenon?
New Replies:
Rangacharya, From the information provided, we can presume the gear box was not experiencing...
from the Controls department...
Mark-VI Control System T-core Issue
Originally posted by srh on 10 April, 2014 - 6:49 am
Issue being faced on T-core of Mark-VI
New Replies:
Hi, Which plant are you from? Country? My friend from a plant in the middle east had the same...
from the POWER PLANT department...
IGV for DLN Type Without IBH
Originally posted by ABDI on 24 July, 2014 - 1:56 am
If a turbine has DLN (Dry Low NOx) combustors, IGV exhaust temperature control is not operator-selectable. Is it always on?
New Replies:
abdi, There's nothing I can add to change your supervisors minds. I would just like to see the...
Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
Cahn's Axiom:
When all else fails, read the instructions.
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive