Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Control.com topic...
Power Generation
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
from the Instrumentation department...
Inter-valve pressure in Gas turbine
Originally posted by Karthi on 8 January, 2014 - 1:04 pm
Inter valve pressure in Frame 5 gas turbine.
New Replies:
Hi thanx for the reply. What we have found that everything is is OK but the GCV is not...
from the BFWP pressure high is high, isnt it? department...
BFWP (Boiler feedwater pump) pressure
Originally posted by mxromen on 12 March, 2011 - 9:30 am
why does is BFWP HP discharge is so high after feed water control valve
New Replies:
High pressure feedwater heaters http://mda139.net/feedwaterheat/functional-needs.html...
from the Analog from YOR to YFR department...
TXP Processing Function Blocks YOR
Originally posted by Thanks In Advance on 30 December, 2011 - 9:31 am
What Block is used to send an analog signal from a YOR Level Diagram to a YFR level diagram.
New Replies:
> What Block is used to send an analog signal from a YOR Level Diagram to a YFR level diagram? ...
Topic: Software, including programming, OS issues, etc.
from the Controls department...
TXP Support
Originally posted by Saad on 17 June, 2013 - 1:26 am
We have a Single Station TXP machine. Its motherboard failed. After replacement of the MB, the system came back online but the archives are not accessible. How can we restore the archives.
New Replies:
Double check that the Long Term Storage program actually did start with the PL command as user...
Topic: Engineering and workplace issues.
from the serious department...
TXP control system administration
Originally posted by mhmd on 16 May, 2014 - 5:44 pm
is there a way to take an image of ES, PU, SU, OT, without using SCSI tape reader
New Replies:
Yes. As long as you have a CD drive installed in the computer you can use a freeware program called...
Topic: Computers in manufacturing; also hardware discussion.
from the serious department...
control adinistration
Originally posted by Reeny on 17 May, 2014 - 4:41 pm
is there a way to normalize the new ES with the AS?
in Siemens TXP control system
New Replies:
No. I am afraid not. You can not import the logic back in from the AS. You have only a few...
from the Controls department...
GE Gas Turbine IGV angle
Originally posted by BND on 28 June, 2014 - 4:31 am
What is the logic? GTG is not operating in Temperature Control mode.
New Replies:
Neo, What's this "T4*"? We can talk about CSRGV; later. Once we finish with L4T!...
CSA, Thank you again for your comment, it helps a lot. So when the unit is on Base Load, the...
Neo, The IGV position reference, CSRGV, is the output of a MAX select block--just like FSR is...
CSA I posted it in wrong thread. As both of IGVs and FSR (right?) have ability to regulate...
BND, There is 'exhaust temperature control' and there is 'exhaust temperature control.' Which...
from the Forum department...
spark plug and flame detectors
Originally posted by Ayed on 9 February, 2011 - 1:06 am
how the spark plug generates spark
how the flame detector detects the flame
New Replies:
Thank you CSA for the explanation. Take care G.Rajesh...
from the Forum department...
Speed of Synchronous Generator
Originally posted by Muhammad Salman on 26 February, 2010 - 4:08 pm
Why Speed of Synchronous Generator decrease with increasing speed?
New Replies:
niraj, When there is no load on an alternator there will be no current. For example, prior to...
my doubt is, when the load is removed from the alternator will there be an increase or decrease in...
Originally posted by aldorian on 28 June, 2014 - 7:46 pm
I would like to know what is the expected speed follow up a trip in a SC5 steam turbine.
New Replies:
I'm not familiar with your turbines, but we have large GE steam turbines. For a...
first CSA explanation is extremely detailed and I will not be nearly as eloquent in my posting ...
MC, 'Trip anticipators' as they are sometimes called are done in different ways by different...
CSA Thank you very much for the time and effort of your answer the explanation is more than clear. ...
CSA, Can you expand on the trip anticipator logic? My understanding... an over-speed can be...
Are you suggesting that there should be a particular speed that is achieved after a load...
Originally posted by Neo on 5 May, 2014 - 8:28 am
How to get a better understanding of gas turbine control?
New Replies:
Neo, Yes; L94T is very important. L4 will drop out (goes to a logic "0") when either...
Neo, This thread is getting pretty large/long and I'm not sure I'm seeing all of the replies in...
CSA, Thank you so much for your comment on fuel purge system.You are always patient to answer...
Neo, Usually, whenever a GE-design heavy duty gas turbine burns multiple fuels (even two different...
CSA, "As for the comments about how did I know the unit burned low-BTU gas fuel, well, from...
CSA, Thank you for your detailed and enlightening comment on L14HSX, L62TT2 and L30COMM_IO. ...
from the Electrical Control department...
fault during synchronizing two generator set
Originally posted by Uniport on 1 July, 2014 - 6:06 am
High amps generated in generator during synchronization on NO LOAD.
New Replies:
The Summary for this thread seems to disagree with the body of the thread. At least, something...
from the thermal department...
Setting Frequency for 505 governor
Originally posted by S PILLAI on 27 April, 2011 - 7:43 am
505 governor option for setting frequency to 50 HZ.
New Replies:
dear sir, could you please refer me the setting procedures for speed, frequency, droop for...
from the Generator Seal Oil Differential Pressure department...
Seal Oil/Hydrogen Differential Pressure
Originally posted by skilash on 25 June, 2014 - 10:28 am
High generator seal oil flow, empty seal oil vacuum compartment, fluctuating differential pressure, high seal oil pump discharge pressure
New Replies:
the most likely is the sudden rush of air past them and shock of oil impact when the system is...
Quadrant segments. What factors would cause the seals to go out of step? We went on an outage and...
>>Yes correct, the seal oil compartment >is the same as GE's seal oil vacuum tank ...
Does the ultra sonic indicate only 40-50 l/min per seal. does you Ultra sonic confirm the total...
trying to locate what category to post in my be a challange. I would suggest .Generators ..Inner...
Yeah this was does, calibrated gauges were used for verification. All instrument lines were flushed...
Thanks, will try them...
I have checked the flow with an ultrasonic meter on both lines and there is a small difference of...
from the Instrumentation department...
GT not running at 100% rated RPM in Isochronous mode.
Originally posted by Sanjay Solanki on 25 June, 2014 - 11:54 am
GT is not running at 100% rated speed when run in Isochronous mode but runs at 100% rated RPM when run in Droop mode.
New Replies:
Thank you very much CSA! I'm away for a week on mini vacation. I'll ask my questions in separate...
Sanjay, You are well on your way to learning how GE-design heavy duty gas turbines operate, and...
Neo, Wrong thread, perhaps? ...
Neo, I'm giving here the link to a thread in which CSA has very well explained the concept of...
By Sanjay Solanki on 29 June, 2014 - 3:15 am -
Thanks for continuing the conversation CSA. I personally believed that there is some problem...
CSA, You explanations are always enlightening,always! But one problem occurs to me: As both...
Sanjay, It's very difficult to understand how reasoning, logical people can decide that if the...
By Sanjay Solanki on 28 June, 2014 - 2:07 am -
Thanks CSA for your valuable reply! I put my question the wrong way. Here I'm copying the text...
Sanjay, I won't even comment on the recommendation to change the servo-valve--except to say that...
Thanks for the quick reply again! GE field support engineer recommended changing GCV servo, we...
By Sanjay Solanki on 27 June, 2014 - 2:27 am -
The frequency was 49.8~9 Hz. I'm not able to tell you the value of TNRI (as I'm not allowed to open...
Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
Grandpa Charnock's Law:
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive