Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Control.com topic...
Power Generation
Originally posted by Simon on 25 September, 2014 - 4:21 am
Why do people who believe that the OEM is the best alternative for off-warranty service & retrofit contracts why?
New Replies:
Simon, Great philosophical question, and I'm going to try to answer each of your points. >...
Topic: Communications systems and equipment.
from the Solar department...
Modbus Training Courses
Originally posted by Kyle on 19 December, 2013 - 9:37 pm
Looking for Modbus training courses
New Replies:
Texas Automation Systems which partners with Techstar gives great instruction on Modbus. ...
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
from the Power Generation department...
When Will 88CR start?
Originally posted by Neo on 10 September, 2014 - 10:27 am
GT start up sequence, when will 88CR get started?
New Replies:
Neo, I believe L14HT will be a logic "1" when the shaft speed is above 8.4% speed...
CSA: TNK14HT1 = 8.4 TNK14HT2 = 3.2 1)
      L14HT        L14H_ZSPD_BP
Neo, Whoa! What about L14HT at your site?!?!?! How is L14HT used at your site? What are...
CSA I am grateful to your response. Thank you sincerely. Best regards! Neo...
Neo, Is the unit experiencing problems during start-up? High exhaust temperatures? High exhaust...
CSA: Thank you so much for your point of view about FSR control during GT startup. We are...
Neo, I think it's best to think of it in this way: When the unit is not on speed control...
Neo, It would probably be better if you asked off-topic questions like this in new, separate...
CSA: Before reading your last response, I want to ask another question. I have this discussion...
from the E& I department...
Governor Control in Speed Control Mode
Originally posted by Bhavin on 26 September, 2014 - 9:06 am
Islanding problem when grid trips. The case happens only 5 times out of 100, rest everything goes good.
New Replies:
> grid cuts in low voltage & > manually isolating the grid I guess I still don't...
Bhavin/BJM, If you're certain that the boiler can supply sufficient steam to maintain the...
Thanks for reply, I want to add. Steam production is also enough to take the load (As no...
Duh!.. I was not really thinking about the info provided. IF you are connected to a grid with...
from just the information provided, I sounds like you are not increasing your boiler steam...
from the IMD department...
Mark-VIe Servers
Originally posted by MJ on 27 September, 2014 - 3:58 am
Functions of Servers provided with Mark-VIe
New Replies:
Dear MJ, The PRIMARY difference between the two HMIs is that the Mark VIe...
from the E& I department...
Load Shading System
Originally posted by BJM on 26 September, 2014 - 9:13 am
Looking for detail knowledge on the Load shading system
New Replies:
Thanks for info,...
... or possibly "load sharing"....
Ah, the seldom-used and little-known practice of load shading. You'll probably have better luck...
from the Maintenance department...
Stability of Generators in Isochronous Mode
Originally posted by Erwin on 24 September, 2014 - 1:00 pm
Why are two or more engines (gen sets) in Isochronous mode without load sharing make the system unstable?
New Replies:
Erwin, 1) Yes. Load is equivalent to fuel flow-rate (for internal combustion engines; steam for...
Not very stable and not very constant. So we have broken the isoch machine in search for a...
First of all, thanks for your response. Most helpful. But there are something that I am still not...
CuriousOne, Effectively--except it doesn't allow for changing the load setpoint very easily. ...
If the governors are detuned to allow simultaneous operation. Is that not the same as adding...
Erwin, It is possible to synchronize two or more generator-sets in isochronous mode without load...
Topic: Engineering and workplace issues.
from the Automation List department...
Why 4-20 ma is used in Analog Signals?
Originally posted by sreeraj on 3 June, 2007 - 12:25 pm
Why 4-20 ma is used in Analog Signals?
New Replies:
The point will be argued until 4 - 20 mA is dead and buried. Did anyone mention it was just a...
Originally posted by Vikrant Makwana on 25 September, 2014 - 5:39 am
Voltage, current and power factor (per phase), are acquired every 5 seconds. How accurately, can we calculate energy.
New Replies:
It depends on how steady your load is. If you have a fixed load that doesn't vary e.g. resistive...
Hi It depends on the variability of the load changes. For example a motor that turn on and...
from the Operations department...
9FA Gas Turbine Unloading Rate
Originally posted by Stephen Roche on 6 September, 2014 - 3:17 pm
GE 9FA unloading rate in auto stop sequence for multishaft unit.
New Replies:
Steve Roche, Great news! Thanks for the feedback!...
We have the problem solved, when the ST breaker opens the ST latched a trip status. The trip played...
from the Forum department...
Generator Load Sharing Issue
Originally posted by RigMan on 2 September, 2014 - 1:41 pm
High amps on one generator
New Replies:
> I have 3 Waukesha LNG generators that run in parallel, the number running depending on load...
from the Generator Control department...
Generator Voltage
Originally posted by TexasPower on 23 September, 2014 - 11:22 am
What determines how fast the voltage collapses if you remove the field current?
New Replies:
TexasPower, I know there are formulas for determining residual magnetism of a rotating magnetic...
Originally posted by Ali on 24 September, 2014 - 1:21 am
OPC Communication between Mark-VI and ABB Freelance AC800F fails resulting in hanging of all ABB Operator Stations.
New Replies:
Ali, Mark VI systems are no longer provided by GE; Mark VIe systems are now the standard. This...
from the Maint department...
Lightning affecting Frame 6 Gas Turbine
Originally posted by apv on 9 June, 2014 - 12:54 pm
Lightning affecting Frame 6 Gas Turbine MarkVI cards.
New Replies:
Yes GE has certain recommendation based on IEEE-142-1991 and IEEE-1100-1991 and NEE-Article 250....
Posted by Mohannad on 23 September, 2014 - 11:58 pm
upgarde our old deisel starter system of GE frame 5 Gas turbine
from the Gas Turbines department...
What Is CEMS Used For?
Originally posted by Daneezy on 20 September, 2014 - 3:53 pm
What is CEMS used for and how does it operate in Power Generation gas turbines (GE Frame 9e)?
New Replies:
> thanks a million..nice contribution.. Happy you were satisfied! Wish we understood why...
thanks a million..nice contribution.....
excitation control
Originally posted by Kamel on 30 September, 2012 - 3:37 am
excitation control
New Replies:
One more answer: You did not say how much you say this MV auxiliary bus-bar voltage change. 10V?...
Gas Turbine Effect on Refrigeration Cycle
Originally posted by Sadiq on 22 September, 2014 - 2:27 pm
How does gas turbine efficiency effect the refrigeration cycle?
New Replies:
Sadiq, If I understand the question correctly, the efficiency of the gas turbine will not have...
Originally posted by Daneezy on 22 September, 2014 - 4:48 pm
Please what is the difference between a standard combustor and a DLN combustion system?
New Replies:
Daneezy, First of all, there are many "flavours" of DLN--and while some of them are...
Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
Toilet Toup'ee, n.:
Any shag carpet that causes the lid to become top-heavy, thus
creating endless annoyance to male users.
-- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive