Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Control.com topic...
Power Generation
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
from the Change in level as temperature change department...
Lube oil level
Originally posted by Yassar on 25 July, 2014 - 2:55 am
Lube oil level dropping as temperature increases
New Replies:
CSA, Thanks for your reply. No, I am not concerned about the leaks and there were no leaks in...
just to clairify a few questions are both machines using the same oil? Is that oil mineral or...
Yassar, Are you concerned about a leak or leaks? Increased consumption when the oil is hot? Are...
from the POWER PLANT department...
IGV for DLN Type Without IBH
Originally posted by ABDI on 24 July, 2014 - 1:56 am
If a turbine has DLN (Dry Low NOx) combustors, IGV exhaust temperature control is not operator-selectable. Is it always on?
New Replies:
I want to know what happen in combustion DLN-1 type if the IGV MODE IS OFF AND THE IBH system...
Killz has it almost correct, in that the IGVs are used to control the air flow into the...
I do not understand what do you mean by IGV OFF. When IGV is not moving, you will not be able to...
from the Controls department...
Why Minimum Value Gate Used in GT controls?
Originally posted by 4_20 mA on 21 January, 2013 - 10:03 am
I have seen this Minimum value gate for controlling GT's and Booster Compressor in couple of CCPP.
New Replies:
fluidflow, Yes; it's unfortunate that too many plants do not allow interested parties to open...
Sir, I checked it with my instrument department and then came to know that max. FSR achieved...
Neo, I believe the 33.4% value you are referring to is an upper limit on acceleration...
CSA: I use DEH to refer to steam turbine control. I have one question that is related to this...
fluidflow, Pretty good description; but I would be surprised if FSR actually goes to 33% during...
Neo, What the heck is a "DEH"?...
Wow, i think it is a good question, and i am also interested. In DEH, we just increase speed...
Dear CSA, thank you for showing interest in my question. major events up to FSNL in my opinion...
fluidflow, Please list the events you believe occur during a start from zero speed, including...
from the Mechanical department...
Exit Guide vanes of Gas Turbines
Originally posted by Izhar on 19 July, 2014 - 4:24 pm
Gas turbine exit guide vanes and how to use them
New Replies:
Fluid flow Indeed a very interesting website recommended by you. I have seen some of the...
Hello There, Swirl angle is the angle between measured representative exhaust gas...
Thank you so much for such a wonderful reply. Currently we are not facing high spread problem,...
What to say, CSA has left nothing to add. If I had initialized the answer I would have used,...
Izhar, The description below presumes your questions refer to a GE-design heavy duty gas...
from the Power Generation department...
Getting a better understanding of GT control PART 2
Originally posted by Neo on 11 July, 2014 - 10:48 pm
Getting a better understanding of GT control PART 2.
New Replies:
CSA, I think it's impossible to satisfy every customer especially those have little knowledge...
CSA > To your comment about my disposition regarding your re-write of long-standing rungs,...
Neo, Seems my reply to this post never got posted.... I've been having problems with this...
CSA: It seems that it is hard for a field engineer to enjoy a "trip",and i feel that...
Neo, Whenever a field engineer says he or she is going on a "trip of a lifetime" it...
from the Maintenance department...
Problems with air intake and dirty turbine
Originally posted by Arianna Mambrini on 23 July, 2014 - 4:30 am
Air intake filters clean but turbine dirty
New Replies:
Hello there, Please let us know about the kind of inlet duct and the paint which was applied in...
Arianna, Sounds like the filters are relatively new. When was the turbine last washed before the...
from the From Excitation Department department...
EX2000 Fault : ST 717_ _PS AC IN and FL 711_ _MCP SYNC
Originally posted by electricalman on 7 July, 2014 - 3:58 am
We have EX2000 with static exciter type which is installed on our Steam Turbine Generator, made by GE.
New Replies:
We also have the same error code 717 on our EX2000. We changed the DCFB board but that did not...
from the Electrical department...
Selection of VCB as per short circuit current
Posted by Shaheed on 23 July, 2014 - 3:22 am
Do we need to replace the VCB of a machine with higher short circuit rating if more machines add parallel at same bus bar.
from the Controls department...
GE Gas Turbine IGV angle
Originally posted by BND on 28 June, 2014 - 4:31 am
What is the logic? GTG is not operating in Temperature Control mode.
New Replies:
Sameh Salama: Glad to receive your reply.But this is out of my capability, lets ask CSA for...
Neo, Already i checked the diesel engine loaded speed which was 2320 rpm and replace the torque...
Originally posted by SB on 19 July, 2014 - 4:51 pm
Please help understanding control specification of GE-design heavy duty gas turbine
New Replies:
CSA, Thank you very much! I'll also prefer ignoring the "extra" maths....
SB, The section you provided seems to be from a very early Mark IV Control Specification. The...
from the Forum department...
Increase in GT hydralic oil filter DP
Originally posted by UPK on 16 October, 2012 - 12:54 am
Raise in hydraulic oil filter DP and allowable limit for filter dust in GT lube oil.
New Replies:
hi, I can't understand why the increase in dp at filter depending the check valve near the...
try to change hydraulic filter at the earliest. then check for the time it is taking to raise dp....
from the Power generation department...
Generator and Capacitor Bank
Posted by fluidflow on 22 July, 2014 - 1:04 am
Totally stumped by the recent brawl over utility of capacitor bank in power generation.
Originally posted by kiran on 14 July, 2014 - 9:23 pm
Frequently losing suction by pumps and pump discharge flow switch failing.
New Replies:
Strainer choking in the sump: Your water should not be dirty enough to clog that strainer except...
from the serious department...
charge accumulator
Originally posted by Kene on 23 October, 2011 - 1:17 pm
charge accumulator method
New Replies:
I am not familiar with GT's hydraulics. I can comment on ST's which should have similar design...
MJ, You should be able to find the pressure listed on the Device Summary for the machine. The...
Can anybody tell me what should be the nitrogen Pressure in Accumulator for Frame-6 machine. we...
Gas Turbine Negative Lean Lean Mode
Posted by moiz on 20 July, 2014 - 8:52 am
Want to know about negative lean lean mode of gas turbine
from the Private department...
Field Balancing
Originally posted by Jhon on 16 July, 2014 - 2:03 am
High vibration problem on a two shaft gas turbine. Need help on Field Balancing.
New Replies:
Hi; I want to know after 4 run method we got a weight and angle. But the experts says that the...
Topic: Engineering and workplace issues.
Dew Point temperature of Natural Gas
Originally posted by Lucky on 11 July, 2014 - 2:49 am
How to calculate the dew point temperature of the Natural Gas?
New Replies:
Coutesy of CSA: "If you have "a recent natural gas analysis report from a reputable...
Hi CSA, I could able to locate the Superheat requirement details document for Natural gas. it...
from the Mechanical department...
Compressor Thrust
Originally posted by Izhar on 13 July, 2014 - 2:59 pm
What direction is the total thrust in a gas turbine?
New Replies:
Thank you all for such a great replies. During next start up I will observe the temperature...
Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
I'm defending her honor, which is more than she ever did.
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive