Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Control.com topic...
Power Generation
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
from the Mechanical department...
Initial Torque Required for Gas Turbine
Originally posted by Izhar on 2 September, 2014 - 5:21 am
How to calculate the initial torque required by gas turbine
New Replies:
Izhar, and others following this thread, I need to qualify a statement I made in the third...
Izhar, GE-design Frame 9E heavy duty gas turbines previously used hydrogen-cooled generators...
Dear CSA Thanks for your reply. 1) For general information can you please tell me why the...
Izhar, Thanks for the correction. And the feedback. 111 A on a 6.3 KV motor seems high, but...
Thanks guys for the feed back. CSA Please note a slight correction please. Starting motor...
Dear you should know each bearing load and then compute breakaway torque. normal force (load) is...
Dear Izhar, It could also be that 20TU-1 (the torque converter "pressurizing"...
Dear Izhar, I have re-read the original post and am curious about the starting means trip alarm...
Dear, Try searching control.com with the term: "+torque +converter" (with...
Topic: Engineering and workplace issues.
from the Automation List department...
Why 4-20 ma is used in Analog Signals?
Originally posted by sreeraj on 3 June, 2007 - 12:25 pm
Why 4-20 ma is used in Analog Signals?
New Replies:
When I began in the power industry several years back there were two commonly utilized current...
>> Why 4-20 ma is used in Analog Signals? >> How come ISA selected this. Why not...
Originally posted by vpsopm on 5 September, 2014 - 1:48 pm
2+1 CC GTs both tripped and Steam Turbine was still synchronised on grid producing 30 MW!
New Replies:
otised makes a great point about decreasing steam temperature....
In my opinion, if both GT's are tripped, the steam turbine should be tripped without even waiting...
vpsopm, Your question can only be answered by the people who are responsible for the operation...
> Even though the steam turbine kept running and synchronized, I am sure it didn't go for long,...
Dear, the steam was going to the ST from both HRSGs there is no aux. blr on line! The thing is...
> Did the operators open the steam turbine generator breaker or did reverse power open the...
vpsopm, You said both GT's were tripped and their diverter dampers were closed and the steam...
Famous last words prior to a destructive overspeed event, "the turbine tripped, but I saw MWs...
vpsopm, This could be one of "those" conditions that was never envisioned by the plant...
Dear, Even though the steam turbine kept running and synchronized, I am sure it didn't go for...
from the Forum department...
Excitation system
Originally posted by bing on 10 May, 2009 - 12:50 pm
What is an excitation system is and what role it does play in the start up of a prime mover like a gas turbine
New Replies:
Hi, Bruce, May I answer? If there is absolutely no load change during power factor...
from the Operations department...
9FA Gas Turbine Unloading Rate
Originally posted by Stephen Roche on 6 September, 2014 - 3:17 pm
GE 9FA unloading rate in auto stop sequence for multishaft unit.
New Replies:
Stephen Roche, Based on the signal names (the 'L' suffix at then end of the signal names you...
The combined cycle loading and unloading rates are the same. However, once the steam turbine is...
Thanks for your reply CSA. The Auto loading/unloading rate for our unit is G1:TNKR1_4L and is...
SteveRoche, Unfortunately, GE uses the same Control Constant for unloading as for loading when...
from the INSTRUMENT department...
Gap Voltage and Radial Vibration
Originally posted by RAJESH on 4 September, 2014 - 2:11 pm
If gap voltage in radial vibration is set at -11v dc, will it make any difference in measuring radial vibration ie. its dynamic value mm/s pp?
New Replies:
thanks...
Rajesh, setting the gap voltage at -11VDC rather than -10VDC will have no effect on the dynamic...
If the setting is say at -13 vdc instead of -10 vdc it will make any difference in radial vibration...
no > Due to setting at -11vdc instead of -10 vdc it will make any difference in radial...
Posted by wahidul islam on 8 September, 2014 - 3:26 pm
list of files to copy/back up for any failure future of ABB procontrol p14 DCS system
OT CALCULATION
Originally posted by jamal on 16 April, 2014 - 4:15 pm
OTC calculation
New Replies:
Hi Jamal, The OTC calculation is equal to (Correction factor + Exhaust Temperature), both of...
from the Power Generation department...
Getting a better understanding of GT control PART 3
Originally posted by Neo on 28 August, 2014 - 10:48 am
Getting a better understanding of GT control PART 3
New Replies:
CSA: I find this website is very helpful,because i can search for what i need. And i can always...
Neo, Do you want to answer the question about servos, or do you wish to continue with the...
Neo, I thought we'd covered the L14HSX before. So I'm kind of surprised about how it was...
from the Mechanical department...
Exit Guide vanes of Gas Turbines
Originally posted by Izhar on 19 July, 2014 - 4:24 pm
Gas turbine exit guide vanes and how to use them
New Replies:
Hi fluid flow Can you please email me some stuff (presentations/pdfs) regarding cooling and...
Hello fluid flow Yes the turbine clearance may have increased. The turbine is operation with 1-2...
from the instrumentation and control system department...
gas turbine tripped on "loss of flame"
Originally posted by power plant on 26 July, 2012 - 3:43 am
after a gas turbine started the temperature on turbine compartment and load gear compartment increasing until reach the high temperature alarm, and after that the turbine tripped on " loss of flame"
New Replies:
Is there any leakage from the compressor casing? (i.e. can u hear noise) Is the CPD lower than...
from the Electrical Maintenance department...
Generator Parallel with Grid
Posted by Rakesh Jaganiya on 5 September, 2014 - 11:10 pm
Unbalance current seems in incoming as well as outgoing feeders whenever we run our generator parallel with GRID.
from the Need Help department...
Need help with Swirl Chart for Siemens 501F
Posted by ncc on 4 September, 2014 - 8:00 am
We need references for determining the swirl for a 501F engine to match thermocouples to combustor basket.
Earthing Mat Substation
Posted by jack on 3 September, 2014 - 10:12 pm
Depth of Earthing Mat
Generator Load Sharing Issue
Originally posted by RigMan on 2 September, 2014 - 1:41 pm
High amps on one generator
New Replies:
RigMan, A generator is a device for converting torque into amperes. Torque is produced by the...
Originally posted by saha on 2 September, 2014 - 5:46 am
Gas turbine HP shaft speed does not reach minimum operating speed
New Replies:
> The MKV is capable of Manual FSR. CuriousOne, Manual FSR can be used to decrease FSR,...
The MKV is capable of Manual FSR....
CSA, I definitely agree that something has changed. This unit would have variable 2nd stage...
saha, The first question to be asked is: What has changed? Why is the unit now experiencing this...
Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
Dare to be naive.
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive