Select Page: Previous 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next
Control.com topic...
Power Generation
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
from the Forum department...
Barton 764 nuclear grade level transmitter
Originally posted by Rob Clark on 30 December, 2013 - 12:54 pm
Just replaced an old Barton 764 nuclear grade level transmitter. Now I have a transmitter installation question.
New Replies:
I don't suppose you still have this transmitter? Is it functioning? Thanks...
Topic: Continuous process industries, DCS questions.
IGV TEST
Posted by KHAIRI on 18 June, 2014 - 5:20 am
IGV TEST
Originally posted by Neo on 5 May, 2014 - 8:28 am
How to get a better understanding of gas turbine control?
New Replies:
Neo, You are reading the Longname description for LCRPERR very literally--and that can be a...
Neo, Sorry, I missed your post. I also believe that the unit you are operating may be burning...
CSA, I am waiting for your reply:) Best regards!...
CSA, Sorry for be absent for more than a week. In the last rung, you explained that: LCPRERR...
Excitation system
Originally posted by bing on 10 May, 2009 - 12:50 pm
What is an excitation system is and what role it does play in the start up of a prime mover like a gas turbine
New Replies:
What else happens at the same time? If by "island mode" you mean that your plant is...
Dear sir, what may be the cause of power factor fluctuation of generator? In our plant, 2...
Different modes of AVR operation
Originally posted by ASHISH on 20 April, 2012 - 1:11 pm
Brush AVR A-30 different modes of operation?
New Replies:
Bruce Durdle, Dear, oh dear, oh dear, my mistakes were: 1) I did (do) consider MVA to be...
Bruce Durdle, Thanks; once again I was hoping for your input and clarification. It's greatly...
CSA, Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! I thought we had dealt with the subject of "reactive...
Phil Corso, I'm sure I would flunk your class, or more likely be expelled. Thank your student...
Engr, Was the answer adequate, or not, for your purposes? Phil...
Sorry, CSA... The poster provided enough information for the study, except for alternator...
Sorry, CSA... it's all your getting. I must admit, however, that we are somewhat equal... I...
Phil Corso, Why is it so hard to just answer a question with an answer? Even if you have to...
engr, I've been doing some research regarding load tap changers, or on-load tap changers. It...
CSA... so is it your position that the solution to Engr's query boils down to application of...
from the power generation department...
Gas Turbine Trip
Originally posted by chudy on 17 June, 2014 - 7:36 am
Trip on our gas turbine, proper examination showed auxiliary motor overload alarm (C105).
New Replies:
chudy, Have you used the Trip History Display to determine what the cause of the trip was? It...
from the INSTRUMENTATION department...
LVDT Calibration
Originally posted by B K MEENA on 13 November, 2010 - 11:51 am
What is the correct procedure for calibration of LVDT of GCV/SRV in Mark-VI machine.

New Replies:
csa, The indicated position (from the calibrated LVDT feedback) when the turbine is running...
By Not the real CSA on 17 June, 2014 - 5:37 am -
hi CSA, the configuration of regulator1 SRV is: reg type: 2_LVpsMAX RegGain: 1.8 ...
csa, (interesting choice of moniker) Diagnostic Alarms can be seen for various cards (the VSVO...
so how i can use TSM/telnet to see some diagnostics;or some commands; if possible...
Again, I'm presuming the turbine has a combined SRV/GCV assembly (two valves in a single casting)....
from the Instrument department...
Drum Level Control
Posted by Adeel on 17 June, 2014 - 9:39 am
Code for drum level tripping
Topic: Software, including programming, OS issues, etc.
from the Instrumentation and control department...
Teleperm ME function block
Posted by Raymond Mpofu on 16 June, 2014 - 4:44 pm
Meaning of the 'HUPE' Teleperm ME function block in the GET (Graphic Engineering Tool) function diagram
from the power generation department...
utilization factor and capacity factor
Posted by Ayed on 16 June, 2014 - 4:29 am
Need the difference between capacity factor and utilization factor for gas turbine
Leading AVR operation
Posted by engr on 14 June, 2014 - 1:31 pm
Changing tap changer position during leading VARS to keep machine from tripping.
Topic: Communications systems and equipment.
from the Department of Redundency Department department...
Using OPC to communicate with GE MKVIe
Originally posted by Brian on 4 June, 2014 - 2:31 pm
I'm trying to find out if anyone is using OPC to talk to a GE MKVIe from an ABB INFI90 DCS System.
New Replies:
Brian and CSA, I can tell you that I have worked at two sites now and have configured a...
CSA, We've not been able to talk directly to the TCP using Modbus yet. We're going through the...
from the CES department...
MARK V COMM IO LOSS TRIP
Originally posted by Divyang Shah on 4 June, 2013 - 2:01 am
Gas turbine got tripped. Communication IO loss alarm was reported.
New Replies:
thanks for all...
thanks CSA...
Kurt Lammrish/Mike West, Yes, this problem does seem to be on-going for some sites, and a PROM...
We are struggling with the trips on one of our 7EA gas turbine with Mark V. Paid 40,000 to GE to...
Topic: Engineering and workplace issues.
from the project department...
220kv/33kv SUBSTATION
Originally posted by manir on 20 December, 2008 - 8:19 am
about the connection of current transformer(CT).
New Replies:
> i inform you that we install the CT after the CB circuit breaker. thank you...
Topic: Continuous process industries, DCS questions.
from the Automation List department...
Steam flow compensation
Originally posted by Rahul P Sharma on 15 September, 2004 - 6:50 pm
What is the exact formula for steam flow compensation?
New Replies:
What is Pd and Td? design process parameter for example air? or used in the calculation of the flow...
from the POWER PLANT department...
Swirl Angle Software for GE
Originally posted by ABDI on 10 June, 2014 - 12:16 am
Can I use swirl angle software for GE FRAME 9E NON-DLN TYPE with GE FRAME 9E DLN?
New Replies:
ABDI, Because, the transfer passages/nozzles are part of the secondary fuel nozzles. If the...
CSA, Why you say secondary fuel nozzles? we have spread just during transfer. we haven't any...
ABDI, The transfer pipes and internal "holes" of the secondary fuel nozzles can be...
hi, what's the meaning of passage? please explain. thanks a lot for reply....
ABDI, You could certainly try. Troubleshooting with a swirl angle chart is always iffy at best....
from the operations department...
power plant preservation
Posted by lavakumar on 12 June, 2014 - 5:19 am
effective control of relative humidity?
Topic: Engineering and workplace issues.
Transformer Protection
Posted by ete on 12 June, 2014 - 1:21 am
Need source to learn about transformer protection
Posted by Fyzal on 10 June, 2014 - 10:00 pm
Thermocouples measurement to <C> processor had fault after lightning strike.
from the me department...
Why use SRV?
Originally posted by iii on 1 June, 2014 - 8:59 pm
There is a SRV where we generally found a very little difference between inlet & outlet of this valve.
New Replies:
DAMENE AMAR, Lots of simple questions.... Was the same metering valve used on all three...
Dear CSA, Yes it was time. The reason why I ask you about the difference using a SRV/GCV ...
from the Maint department...
Lightning affecting Frame 6 Gas Turbine
Originally posted by apv on 9 June, 2014 - 12:54 pm
Lightning affecting Frame 6 Gas Turbine MarkVI cards.
New Replies:
apv, The Mark VI System Guide, GEH-6421, has a section on Installation which talks about proper...
from the serious department...
Diesel power plant
Originally posted by Reeny on 7 June, 2014 - 4:53 pm
any one can help me in determining best technical (instrumentation and control)specification for Diesel power plant (more than 20 MW).
New Replies:
Reeny, You haven't provided enough information about the type of instrumentation and controls....
> any one can help me in determining best technical (instrumentation and control) >...
Select Page: Previous 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
"I drink to make other people interesting."
-- George Jean Nathan
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive