Select Page: Previous 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next
Control.com topic...
Power Generation
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
from the POWER GENERATION department...
Testing spark plugs of mark5 control system
Originally posted by SHYAM on 21 December, 2013 - 1:00 pm
What are the logic signals required to force, for testing purposes the spark plugs of frame5 Gas turbine externally when mark5 control system is in shut down condition?
New Replies:
sorry i was not in the site at the time of testing. i just given instruction to my colleague for...
from the Instrumentation department...
Inter-valve pressure in Gas turbine
Posted by Karthi on 8 January, 2014 - 1:04 pm
Inter valve pressure in Frame 5 gas turbine.
Topic: Application Questions and Problems
from the Generators department...
Motor as a generator
Originally posted by Mark on 30 December, 2006 - 2:22 pm
I would like to make an experiment that uses a bike to turn a motor
New Replies:
Kaylan... in most cases a little less than its Namelate rating in kW or HP! Regards, Phil...
> You can not use an Induction Motor as a Generator unless you connect it to grid and run it...
from the Forum department...
Provision of Auxiliary Hydraulic Pump
Originally posted by FSX on 17 December, 2013 - 10:50 pm
Auto Cut in of auxiliary Hydraulic Supply Pump
New Replies:
CSA We operate on gas fuel only. Our units are in continuous service since 1992.Our units are...
from the Electrical department...
ROCOF & Vector shift
Originally posted by Shaheed ul Islam on 7 January, 2014 - 9:01 am
How ROCOF & Vector shift providing mains failure protection
New Replies:
Shaheed... is your intent to use it for protection against sudden "Islanding" or...
By Shaheed ul Islam on 8 January, 2014 - 6:39 am -
Sir, I have tried best to find the manual even on net but could not succeeded. It is Micom P-127...
Shaheed... please send me the manual! Regards...
gas turbine generator capabilities
Posted by Jozef on 8 January, 2014 - 6:12 am
question about gas turbine generator capabilities
from the Operations department...
Suicide Relay in MarkVIe ToolboxST
Originally posted by Rokan Uddin on 31 December, 2013 - 12:07 pm
What does suicide relay means?
New Replies:
Dear CSA & MIKEVI Thanks both of you for your valuable reply. Regards, Rokan...
Dear Rokan, from the GE manual, GEH-6721D Mark VIe Control System Guide Volume II, the...
Rokan Uddin, Have you used the 'Help' feature of ToolboxST, or looked this up in GEH-6721, the...
Turbine Controls
Originally posted by BrownBag on 30 December, 2013 - 7:18 pm
Difference in Turbine Control Modes
New Replies:
CSA, The Turbine is a steam turbine generator and I believe the manufacturer is Hitachi. This...
BrownBag, What kind of turbine (manufacturer, type of turbine, size of turbine, application...
from the Turbine Controls department...
Peak Load
Originally posted by Mambo on 2 January, 2014 - 9:51 pm
Peak Load and TNR
New Replies:
Mambo, The "reasoning" used to describe the maximum IGV operating angle change and P2...
Dear CSA, Yes, the same machine. They have very low fuel BTU Gas being used around 650-700 btu. ...
Mambo, So, this is the machine you wrote about some time back.... LOTS of changes--and the...
Dear CSA, Thank you very much for explaining my question. This parameters are after a Major...
Mambo, There are just too many intangibles to say for certain why the TNR is so high. Inlet air...
Dear CSA, Thanks for your quick response. For further information I have noted the following...
Mambo, No. Someone's been mucking with the Droop Constants, and/or the ambient is lower than...
Originally posted by any on 5 January, 2014 - 7:51 am
Illegal response message from Modbus from atlas copco MKIV gateway which is CAN to rs485 wired to rs232 converter to a pc.
New Replies:
Its a atlas copco canbus to mocbus 485 gateway. ...
I've heard that JBus is a minor derivative of Modbus, but I had never heard that the CAN protocol...
Your response in Hex Format is: ff 17 e9 de b3 dd That data stream does not pass a CRC16...
Originally posted by hanywepco on 3 January, 2011 - 1:17 pm
frame-6 GE gas turbine trip signal on "HIGH EXHAUST TEMPERATURE SPREAD TRIP"
New Replies:
gosp engr, If by "...we have same issues at our site...." you mean you have two or...
Without being able to use the figure from the CSP/application code running in the Speedtronic...
can you please explain in a simplified way to quick understand. we have same issues at our site,...
prolonged operation of Frame 6 on FSNL
Originally posted by mik on 6 January, 2014 - 4:09 am
What will be the risks and impact of running a Frame 6 DLN gas turbine on FSNL?
New Replies:
mik, Obtain a copy of GER-3620. (No; I can't send anyone a copy.) It doesn't make very good...
Topic: Engineering and workplace issues.
from the if you want the bear & wall story, contact me department...
The Physics of... Electrical Power
Originally posted by Phil Corso, PE on 25 June, 2007 - 11:17 pm
A number of postings related to electrical power generation contain misunderstood concepts, expressions, and definitions as related to generated power. My goal, for those members of this forum (especially newbies) that choose to accept, is to provide some enlightenment, without malice, without scorn, without prejudice!
New Replies:
WATT... an excellent question! It is really the crux of Super-Grid problem transferring both...
hi all, power is always flow high potential to low potential. so When active/reactive power flow...
from the Individual department...
Calibration of Gas Turbine fuel components
Posted by Thobias Antony on 5 January, 2014 - 10:54 am
Calibration of fuel components (fuel pump, burners and pressure regulators) of Gas Turbines.
from the Maintenance department...
No Flame in Combustion Chamber #3
Originally posted by JP on 2 January, 2014 - 5:52 am
GE frame 5002C Gas turbine - No Flame in only Combustion Chamber #3.
New Replies:
JP, Again, something has changed. P2 pressure is the "push" that gets gas to flow...
Dear Sir, Thank you very much for the reply. We have checked the fuel nozzles orifice and...
I don't have direct experience with Gas Turbines, but I can provide some suggestions. If the gas...
JP, Something has changed with regard to: --GCV LVDT calibration --P2...
from the Instrumenttation department...
Problem in Ratcheting in gas turbine
Originally posted by Rishi Kumar Srivastava on 18 December, 2013 - 11:55 pm
Disengage of jaw clutch after 25-30 minutes of stoppage of ratcheting in GE Frame V gas turbine, installed control system is MarkVIe
New Replies:
Rishi Kumar Srivastava, Thank YOU for the feedback. "Feedback is the most important...
Dear CSA, Thanks for your valuable suggestions. We have resolved ratcheting problem faced on...
I'm extremely confused now. And I fear any comments I make are only going to make the problem...
Dear CSA, While we were gathering details as suggested by you, on 02.01.14 we observed during...
Dear CSA Sir, while we were checking our maintenance history records for your recommended check...
from the aryan department...
transformer gas analysis
Originally posted by aryanpanthri on 3 January, 2014 - 3:29 am
analysis of transformer oil gas....
New Replies:
AryanPanthri... DGA values alone aren't necessarily a good measure of oil integrity! Trends in...
from the Business Development department...
OEM suppliers
Posted by Rachel on 3 January, 2014 - 7:15 am
I am looking for OEM /supplier of GE, Alstom, ABB and Siemen Westinghouse
3 Phase Generator Voltage Problem
Originally posted by Greg on 1 January, 2014 - 5:11 pm
My generator is producing 400 Volts when it should be producing 480 Volts.
New Replies:
Thanks for your replies. We got it working and you were correct about the AVR being preset to 400V....
Greg... presuming the machine is based on US standards, then: 1) Typically a 12-lead generator...
Some questions: Was the generator working before or this is the first start up? What AVR is...
Select Page: Previous 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
A New York City ordinance prohibits the shooting of rabbits from the
rear of a Third Avenue street car -- if the car is in motion.
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive