Select Page: Previous 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next
Control.com topic...
Power Generation
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
from the controller department...
Battery ground alarm
Originally posted by KHAIRI on 22 June, 2014 - 3:02 am
battery ground alarm
New Replies:
i really useful from these information which you told me about and we have in one of our turbine...
KHAIRI, Battery ground alarms have been covered several times before on control.com. (There is a...
from the INSTRUMENTATION department...
LVDT Calibration
Originally posted by B K MEENA on 13 November, 2010 - 11:51 am
What is the correct procedure for calibration of LVDT of GCV/SRV in Mark-VI machine.

New Replies:
The hydraulic actuator(s) for the SRV (and GCV) of a combined gas valve assembly (and you STILL...
HI CSA 1st the problem of SRV is not solved because the turbine is running, when the turbine is...
Brian Hall, Adjusting the null bias spring on the servo-valve is just begging...
I wasn't able to pull the documents you are discussing due to some virus protection software that...
from the POWER GENERATION department...
Testing spark plugs of mark5 control system
Originally posted by SHYAM on 21 December, 2013 - 1:00 pm
What are the logic signals required to force, for testing purposes the spark plugs of frame5 Gas turbine externally when mark5 control system is in shut down condition?
New Replies:
shyam, or SHYAM, The configuration you are describing is not typical, so without being able to...
Sorry for the late reply. We are using 2 relays to give the supply to ignition transformer, one...
from the instrumentation department...
mark 5 control system
Originally posted by shyam on 22 June, 2014 - 9:48 am
Flame detection system in mark 5 control system.
New Replies:
SHYAM, Geiger-Mueller flame detectors are polarity sensitive devices, meaning that the 315-335...
from the power generation department...
utilization factor and capacity factor
Originally posted by Ayed on 16 June, 2014 - 4:29 am
Need the difference between capacity factor and utilization factor for gas turbine
New Replies:
Ayed, Following link should be useful regarding CF and UF of power plant ...
i am still waiting. would you please support...
Originally posted by Neo on 5 May, 2014 - 8:28 am
How to get a better understanding of gas turbine control?
New Replies:
Neo, I've been having computer hardware issues with my old and trusted desktop--which is the...
CSA , It seems that you do not respond as soon as before :( What's wrong? If you do...
CSA, I find it is not convenient to print CSP. CSP will be split by page marker and the page...
CSA, Thank you for your reply,and you reply is always enlightening. It seems that you know every...
Neo, You are reading the Longname description for LCRPERR very literally--and that can be a...
Neo, Sorry, I missed your post. I also believe that the unit you are operating may be burning...
from the Forum department...
Power factor affecting load sharing
Posted by Anthony on 23 June, 2014 - 10:14 am
Recently out sailing one of my generator die down, after troubleshoot discovered my governor is faulty. After rectification and start up, alternator voltage achieve 400V instead of desired 440V.
GT Question
Originally posted by PJ on 21 June, 2014 - 3:52 pm
why in 9E firing speed is 12% in gas fuel & 16% liquid fuel?
New Replies:
Does the 9E have DLN-I combustors? What kinds of gas and liquid fuels does the unit burn? Is...
Different modes of AVR operation
Originally posted by ASHISH on 20 April, 2012 - 1:11 pm
Brush AVR A-30 different modes of operation?
New Replies:
The use of pu (per unit) is widespread in electrical calculations as it allows the voltage...
engr Interesting debate and I am happy that it seems to have come to the right conclusion...
Bruce Durdle, Dear, oh dear, oh dear, my mistakes were: 1) I did (do) consider MVA to be...
from the electrical department...
Should DG neutral be isolated from earth?
Posted by sangeetha on 20 June, 2014 - 11:49 pm
2000kVA 11kV/415V transformer(DYn- neutral solidly earthed) in parallel with 2000kVA 415V Diesel Generator(Star wdg - neutral solidly earthed).
Posted by Joe on 20 June, 2014 - 11:22 pm
2 MW generator paralleled with utility experiences voltage rise as load increases.
MARK VI TOOLBOOKS
Originally posted by KHAIRI on 20 June, 2014 - 10:24 am
Learning Toolbox
New Replies:
Khairi, You are asking for someone to teach you something that is usually taught in a classroom...
from the controller department...
MCC 400 breaker
Originally posted by khairi on 19 June, 2014 - 5:39 am
MCC breaker opened
New Replies:
khairi, Again, without being able to see the one-line diagram for the turbine/plant, it's almost...
thanx for feed back its supply breaker for mcc and it happened with us when the turbine working...
khairi, "MCC 400 breaker" is not a description that many of us are familiar with. MCC...
Topic: Human-Machine Interface and SCADA.
from the Turbin department...
ground earth
Originally posted by KHAIRI on 19 June, 2014 - 2:23 am
ground earth
New Replies:
thanx csa for helping and i hope to learn from you more (you are my teacher)...
Hello, KHAIRI, or khairi, I don't think you can see or monitor the earth (ground) resistance...
Loss of ventilation
Originally posted by sherif elzoghby on 29 June, 2013 - 5:08 am
unit trip due to ventilation fan stop
New Replies:
sherif elzoghby, As has been said many times on control.com: It's virtually impossible to say...
For more clarification. i want to know the difference between two cases 1- loss of AC...
Topic: Continuous process industries, DCS questions.
IGV TEST
Originally posted by KHAIRI on 18 June, 2014 - 5:20 am
IGV TEST
New Replies:
thanx friends our turbine is GEms5001 mark vi TMR and we have problem on igv and the test which...
To Brian's point, we could tell you the typical things to force and do, but we don't understand...
Obviously, you would not want to attempt this unless the turbine was in a safe condition for this...
Originally posted by sms on 18 June, 2014 - 3:26 pm
Frequent switch over from FSRT to FSRN and from FSRN to FSRT.
New Replies:
CSA, Thank you very much for your reply. And your explanation is excellent!!! I would like to...
sms, Have a look at the FSR display, for one, and monitor TTXM and TTRX. If when the Pre-Select...
It sounds like you are running right at the base load setpoint. From your description, 115 MWs is...
from the Instrlumentation and control department...
MKVI BACKUP PROCEDURE
Originally posted by Prasad on 18 June, 2014 - 1:12 pm
What are the files to be backed up for emergency usage in case of system crashes?
New Replies:
Prasad, Most GE HMIs were shipping with a back-up utility called Acronis True Image (or some...
Barton 764 nuclear grade level transmitter
Originally posted by Rob Clark on 30 December, 2013 - 12:54 pm
Just replaced an old Barton 764 nuclear grade level transmitter. Now I have a transmitter installation question.
New Replies:
I don't suppose you still have this transmitter? Is it functioning? Thanks...
Excitation system
Originally posted by bing on 10 May, 2009 - 12:50 pm
What is an excitation system is and what role it does play in the start up of a prime mover like a gas turbine
New Replies:
What else happens at the same time? If by "island mode" you mean that your plant is...
Select Page: Previous 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
"I went to the museum where they had all the heads and arms from the
statues that are in all the other museums."
-- Steven Wright
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive