Select Page: Previous 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next
Control.com topic...
Power Generation
Topic: Power generation equipment control.
from the Forum department...
Steam turbine Bypass Locks
Posted by raul on 9 August, 2014 - 2:45 am
Approximate number of steam bypass locks
from the Engineering department...
PSVO servo control module
Originally posted by N.V.Q on 7 August, 2014 - 4:47 am
Mark VI hardware system---PSVO servo control module
New Replies:
> I'm a little confused here. GE doesn't usually sell equipment to be configured > and...
N.V.Q, I'm a little confused here. GE doesn't usually sell equipment to be configured and...
Dear CSA, you're right, PSVO pack and TSVO terminal board. It is my mistake when saying BSVOH. ...
N.V.Q, I/O Packs are not used with Mark VI turbine control systems; only with Mark VIe turbine...
Changing Careers looking for advice
Originally posted by surya on 10 February, 2014 - 6:28 am
Please give me some guidelines that i am changing my careers from mechanical stream to instrumentation
New Replies:
fluidflow, Thank you for the kind words. I wish your experience had been much better. Had you...
Hello There, CSA I have very high regard for your opinions and advice which helps me a lot in my...
Ansaldo V94.2 Gas turbine fogging system
Originally posted by HER on 11 March, 2010 - 10:35 am
power increase of V94.2 gas turbine by inlet fogging system
New Replies:
By Mohammad Alreyyashi on 8 August, 2014 - 4:19 pm -
try to change the TETC by increasing it. if you don't have access or permission for this increment...
from the Power Generation department...
Getting a better understanding of GT control PART 2
Originally posted by Neo on 11 July, 2014 - 10:48 pm
Getting a better understanding of GT control PART 2.
New Replies:
Neo, Sure! You can ask questions--that's what we're here for. Where to start? (Why is it...
CSA Can i ask one basic question before we go on L4T journey? What is the definition of NO...
CSA, Thanks for the encouragement. Yes, I'm learning a lot here. This is such a great...
Neo, I've been re-reading your previous post, and now I see that l86tgt1 comes from one of the...
CSA: I bet you don't a good sleep last night! 1) "I've been thinking about this, and...
Neo, I've been thinking about this, and this would be a valid rung--though it would not work (if...
Neo, I may have completely missed something here.... You have twice typed (and I have once...
SB, Some of the best controls TAs (Technical Advisors) I've ever worked with started as...
CSA: Always glad to receive your response.
 L86GT
   l86tgt1  ...
CSA, Thanks for being patient regarding this thread and our questions, I appreciate your...
CSA I am honored that you give me an assignment, and i need time to prepare. You taught me...
SB, My main purpose in pointing out that the contacts are all NC (Normally Closed) is that it's...
Topic: Continuous process industries, DCS questions.
Null Current of Integrating Actuator
Originally posted by Gary on 7 August, 2014 - 11:49 am
What is the null current of an integrating actuator?
New Replies:
Wow, you are the best, Robert. I got more than I could from the woodward technical support. Thanks...
Robert Scott, EXCELLENT write-up! Thanks very much....
The TM-55 Actuators come in two types. One is the Proportional type. (This is not the type you...
from the Mechanical department...
Gas Turbine Gearbox Bearing Damage
Originally posted by Izhar on 6 August, 2014 - 12:53 pm
Possible causes for gas turbine gearbox bearing damage
New Replies:
Hi Izhar, I think you have to put the correct diagnosis to the problem. Otherwise your effort...
Thanks alot Let me make some correction. This bearing found damaged is of Shaft 02 which is the...
Hi Izhar, It appears electric discharge. This is typical at accessory gearboxes and its affect...
Posted by Chris Wehr on 7 August, 2014 - 7:42 pm
Looking for descriptions/definitions of Mode 1 and Mode 2
from the service engineer department...
voltage variation with load variation on generators
Originally posted by henry lob on 7 August, 2014 - 7:24 am
increase in voltage with increase in load tripping tools
New Replies:
henry lob, My first question would be: What has changed? Presumably, things were working...
Standby AC power supply for power plant
Originally posted by masoud on 28 July, 2014 - 2:36 am
Which is a more reliable AC backup power supply UPS or Inverter?
New Replies:
Hi Masoud, before you procure another UPS or Inverter, check the design of the system vis-a-vis...
from the Controls & Mechanical department...
DLN-1 Lean lean & extended lean lean mode of operation
Originally posted by AR1969 on 3 August, 2014 - 6:42 am
What is the Maintenance factor (MF) for lean lean mode of operation, GE specifies a MF of 10 for Extended lean lean (high load) but does not specify the MF for lean lean mode (part load).
New Replies:
ARI1969, Unfortunately, I don't believe GE has documented that Lean-Lean and Primary are...
Thanks CSA, the above question was my first in control.com, I used to read you replies and they was...
Originally posted by humble3 on 1 August, 2014 - 6:45 am
Our mist eliminator is bringing out heavy mist which then condensate back to oil - causing serious oil shortage
New Replies:
humble3, It worked fine! More, please!...
Thanks for the link for me to upload. I have tried to upload one but I hope it work as it is the...
humble3, Thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately, pictures can't be posted to control.com. Others...
Thanks for your incisive answer to my concern. I was able to open the mist eliminator compartment...
from the engineering department...
Mark VIe control system
Originally posted by N.V.Q on 4 August, 2014 - 8:26 pm
Mark VI steam turbine and generator control system
New Replies:
Toolbag? did the GT FSEs get toolbags? ST had to provide their our own paper sack!...
JFB, I would be honored to carry your tool bag, sir, just to be able to learn at the foot of one...
N.V.Q, One of the main criteria for the design of the Mark VIe was to expand it to use as more...
Dear CSA, Thank for your reply, your clarify about the mode of control the turbine and...
> Those are the basic modes of control, again, depending on project requirements there can be...
N.V.Q, For any piece of rotating equipment driving an AC generator speed control is most...
from the Power department...
Power factor compensation
Originally posted by Ram on 2 August, 2014 - 6:06 am
How does reactive power compensation work?
New Replies:
fluidflow, Hmmm. The old Generator Nameplate game. Just because a generator is...
Hello there, CSA, I discussed the situation at length with senior Electrical Engineers and...
CSA... I never said there is no reactive power! My position from day one is that the term...
from the engineering department...
Mark VIe logic block
Originally posted by N.V.Q on 28 July, 2014 - 10:43 pm
Time_Sec block in Mark VIe system.
New Replies:
I total agree with your explanation. thank you very much....
Select Page: Previous 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
There was a young poet named Dan,
Whose poetry never would scan.
When told this was so,
He said, "Yes, I know.
Advertise here
advertisements
Time to incorporate data handling, web HMI and motion in one system!
Servo, stepping motor control, analog & web HMI in one system!
Servo, steppers, analog, digital & web HMI - Fully Integrated!
View free setup and multi-vendor EtherCAT demo videos online
Control.com is the largest Automation community on the web. Learn how to advertise here now...
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive