About operator action log in ABB 800Xa

A

any

We have ABB 800xa system. I observed that when operator stops an equipment a event log is generated at same time the operated time. But the message description is same for stop and trip. i.e when a equipment trips or stopped the message already configured or given upon stop or trip are same for both conditions. So i want operator action only to be logged in operator messages that to operator action taken or given. So how could i configure to look operator action is genuine upon emergency. And another problem is that we have four operator stations each operator taken his own decisions to know which operator has operated or action done from specific operator work place. How could i configure.

J

Jerzy Lorenc

Hi,

we, at ABB, will be more than happy to assist you. Please go to www.abb.com, select LOCAL SALES AND SERVICE CONTACTS (right margin), then your country contact for Control Systems

The functionality you require is contained in the "Audit Trail" feature. Audit trail messages will also give the name of the user who made the change, so each workplace should log on as a different user.

Use the "Event List Configuration" to create an Audit list. There is a sample in the 800xA library structure.

Read the Manuals. Then read them again. Configuring Alarm & Event Lists is too complex to guess at or explain in an on-line forum.

Rob
www[.]lymac.co.nz

"I observed that when operator stops an equipment a event log is generated at same time the operated time. But the message description is same for stop and trip. i.e when a equipment trips or stopped the message already configured or given upon stop or trip are same for both conditions. So i want operator action only to be logged in operator messages that to operator action taken or given. So how could i configure to look operator action is genuine upon emergency."

--First off I would recommend a right click on the alarm/event messages in question. Evaluate all of the available data fields. If you can differentiate what you are looking for based on this data, you can reconfigure your columns to look at the fields that work for you. Or you can create a new alarm and event list and create one for your needs. If there is insufficient information in the event details, then you will need to dig into the control module(s) that cause you problems with alarm and event messaging. You might need someone that has experience modifying the library based control modules to give you the data you are looking for. It can be done, but it is not a task that you do without experience.

Your comment that an operator action (stop) generates the same message as an equipment trip makes no sense. Again, take a close look at the event details to see if "category" includes "operator action". You might think you are seeing a direct audit trail type operator action but in fact you are probably seeing an event being generated by a control module. That would be another reason why a stop and trip read the same. To fix this problem would require more research. Reply with more information on the event details and we can try to help.

"And another problem is that we have four operator stations each operator taken his own decisions to know which operator has operated or action done from specific operator work place. How could i configure"

--The following comments are based on system version 5. If you are running with something older, there may be differences.

The audit trail that Rob mentioned in his reply is indeed what you are looking for. The audit trail is a licensed product that you may or may not have licensed and may or may not have configured.

To check for licensing, I always recommend going to your primary aspect server, then going to Programs - ABB Industrial IT 800xA - System - Licensing - License Assignment Editor. This will tell you if you have any limits on the audit trail feature. If you do, contact ABB so that you can go further.

Once installed, it needs to be configured. I have always found the configuration in the admin structure, domains object area. Look for an "audit trail config" aspect. This is where you configure what type of events you want audit trail to report. Operator actions are included, but there is a lot more capability than that. I always check the "log selected audt event classes" and leave every category checked.

After it is licensed and configured, you can create an event list that includes the data. This event list can be created anywhere. Pick a structure/area that you normally use. Then, add a new aspect "alarm and event list". Give it a name that makes sense to you. Then configure the list. For a good troubleshooting tool, I always create a "full monty" list that looks at everything and filters nothing out. It includes all alarms and all events.

If you right click on an alarm or event and go to "event details", you will see all of the data that is available. Included in that are "nodename" and "UserFullName" fields. You can configure your event list to display these fields (columns). Whether you display the columns or not, the data is still a right click, event details, away.