BSAP protocol with Experion

M

Matthew Rebus

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can find what the specs of the BSAP protocol are?

A little background to the problem I am trying to solve: We use and are going to use Control Wave micros for our RTUs. We also use Honeywell Experion PKS for our HMI. However, Honeywell currently doesn't support Control Wave micros. I believe the CWU are not supported with HWs BSAP controller becuase the controller does a kind of heart beat poll (by asking for a signal in the CW called #diag). However, CWU does not have this signal. With about 100 RTUs in the field and more coming, our Comms are getting a little clogged.

Right now I am just looking into the problem to see if it is possible to have a solution.

M

Matthew Rebus

I am actually looking for a OpenBSI controller for Experion. We use OpenBSI due to the ability to troubleshoot RTUs from the Office, as our RTUs in the field are a considerable distance from the office.

My two thoughts on tackling this problem right now are:
1. To find a way to integrate the "#diag" signal into the RTU. Might be difficult as # is not an accepted start of a variable in the CWu.

2. To find a hack around so the Experion Server either doesn't ask for the #diag or thinks that it is receiving it. Which leads me to ask if anyone knows where I should start to look to try to learn about how the Experion Communicates to the OpenBSI NHP.