Communicating Between 2 Vijeo HMI Screens

A

Anonymous

I have a Vijeo Look HMI developed and I have them on two different computers that are both communicating with a Quantum PLC via TCP/IP. How can I make changes to one HMI (eg. Acknowledge an alarm) and have the HMI on other computer detect it?

Use Quantum to acknowledge. Let the PLC do its job. Vijeo can display alarm and ack'ing back to Quantum, where this value can be read by the other Vijeo Look station. It's easy like that.

B
Currently it is not possible to have one PC directly communicate with the other for alarm ack. Vijeo Look is a single PC stand-alone SCADA software and is not designed to handle a networked alarm system. Can't say that this will not change in the future. I suppose that you can set up a system to let X know that Y has ACK'd the alarm by using logic in the controller. Or, consider moving on up to Monitor Pro or Citect.

Hi,
I totally agree except the last sentence:"Or, consider moving on up to Monitor Pro or Citect."
If you want to move to another Scada choose Pcvue because the mimics are almost full compatible (same HMI engine). I say almost because you need only to change the variable names used in your animations. If you choose another Scada you have to redesign every mimics.

Regards.
Nicolas Kunzer
PcvueSea
http://www.pcvue-sea.com

Yes, use the diagnostics buffer in the PLC. There are alarm_Diag DFBs which allow the OFS of Vijeo Look to enter the PLC's buffer and share alarm / alrm ack table.