Connecting Old HIMA PLC to a new printer

A

Anonymous

My control system is HIMA old version type, it was installed in 1987.

My protocol printer connected with the PLC via RS232C module (F8612B) is out of order. This dot matrix printer is C.itoh Model: 8510VB

I want to replace it with new one. Which is kind of printer model suitable for replacing?

Any one can help me? HELP!!!!

Serial is the key word here. Few current printers are serial. USB with a serial to USB converter may be an option, but simply getting a serial printer would be best... ONLY if it is the printer that is bad.

Seems to me that the printer is hooked to a cable, and the cable is hooked to a module on the PLC bus. Seems like a lot of other places for the error to actually be. Experience crys out to be "cable, cable, cable". Second to the cable is the connectors. Then the printer and the RS232 module are nearly equally likely to be the culprit.

Be sure of where the error is before "fixing" it.

Panasonic still makes the serial version of the dot matrix KX-P2130 printer; Google brings up numerous hits.

THere's always a question of serial format compatibility, but these printers are even available on ebay for less than $50, not a lot to risk on trying one.

Bud