Convert Wonderware Intouch to Factory Link7.5

S

Sam

I want to convert a Scada Application created in Wonderware Intouch to Factory Link 7.5.
Is there any direct conversion utility available for this. I need to be able to reuse all the tags , procedures ,Graphic Screens and as much of the Application as possible.

G

Gustavo A. Valero P.

Hi Sam,

Although FactoryLink doesn't have a direct utility like you want, you could use what FL calls "Application Object" to import tags, data, text, parameters, etc. from external sources (e.g. a database, spreadsheet or text file) to create your FL app quickly.

If you are able to export the Intouch app to a database, spreadsheet or text file (no problem if you get all this having several files) then go to Configuration Explorer and use Application Object Templates to develop (fill FL's task tables out) the new app. If you don't know very well this feature, go over the documentation and you will learn fast.

Keep in mind that FL and Intouch have different structure and arquitecture so, you will have to do some manual work to finish your convertion 100%.

Graphics conversion?... Uummm, it is difficult! I think there is no a direct convert from Intouch to FL and vice versa (or any other), the FL mimics can be saved as text file and you can see their code like a BASIC/Pascal procedure but you will have a hard work by trying to generate your own code if Intouch graphics don't have this property.

Good luck!.

Regards y feliz 2006!.

Gustavo A. Valero P.
BIConsulting C.A.
Valencia - Venezuela
[email protected]

I have developed these "Application Objects" for FactoryLink7.5 based on a spreadsheet (Excel) output from a WonderWare system. The "Application Objects" gives you the following FactoryLink configuration tables: OPCCLient PLC tables; Scaling; database logging (dbLog); alarms and events; also tag definitions, descriptions, initialized values, and value retention.

No transfer of the graphics, though.

Burt B.
[email protected]