DL30- Ways to connect??

M

Mike Lansberry

OK- been through AB reps, googles, ebay, etc. and trying to figure out the best way to connect to and edit messages on a DL30 Dataliner....

- Software and Cable: These are very hard to find, in fact almost non-existent..any leads to where these can be had??

- AB Keyboard: Found some online, but no documentation to get the details if they are worth the effort..any thoughts??

- Laptop and Hyperterminal: Mentioned by fellow engineer but no details. Anyone done this?? Normal cable??

Thanks for any comments / assistance

Mike

dl30... pressing esc key will get you in edit mode in the later versions... earlier versions require any one of the keyboard keys to be pressed first and then three times on the escape key... there are three modes... edit, run and i aint sure what the third one is called... pressing the n key on any of these modes will step it to the next mode... the options in each mode are self explanatory... i have only used the parallel interface, eight inputs. these require binary inputs. i think there are over 1100 some messages in this mode. they start at 00000000 and go up from there.