EEx d (ib) IIC T6

G

Graham

Gentlemen,

If my instrument (sensor) is EEx d (ib) IIC T6, do I need to wire this loop as an intrinsically safe circuit to the transmitter (in a safe area)?

I have no i.s. JBs in the area of this loop, the transmitter is i.s. and located in a safe area.

Thanks in advance
Best Regards
Graham

S

Suresh P Nair

Graham,

Now a days yo get dual certified instruments.
As you mentioned that the instrument carries EExd, please check doe it has certification to IEC 60079 /equivalent approval if so you no need to have IS circuit wiring.

Cheers,
Suresh P Nair

B

Bruce Durdle

Hi Graham,

The EExd (ib) designation would suggest to me that you have a piece of equipment which is flameproof and houses some IS barrier or other "auxiliary apparatus" - indicated by the brackets around (ib). More details on the system would be useful, but your best bet is to follow the manufacturer's instructions, and especially anything given in the certification for the apparatus. I do hope you have got access to the certification documents!

Bruce

Thanks guys, so for the late reply but your help was much appreciated. Certification is in order so I've installed the sensor loop as flameproof Eex"d" to the transmitter.

Best Regards
Graham

I
I suggest that you consult the instrument vendor to confirm if their equipment can be wired as EExd (explosion proof) or IS circuit - as they may have a different interpretation on the certification of their device.