Frequency control

P

prashant

If Two Gas-turbines (07 MW) are running in parallel feeding to common load with 4% droop settings, observed bus frequency as 49.6 Hz stable say on 7 MW (hared 3.5 MW each by use of DEIF make active load sharing controller model LSU112DG).

Now if i want to raise Frequency to 50 Hz and want it stays there ---How to do it ?

We don't have enough information about the configuration to provide specific details for your site.

A quick search using my preferred Internet search engine led me to the DEIF site and I was able to view the Data Sheet for the Load Sharing device. (Remove any spaces inserted by the software from the URL when pasting it into your web browser):

http://www.deif.com/Power_-_Control...aralleling/Load_Sharing_Unit_–_LSU-112DG.aspx

There is a tab in the middle of the page labeled: 'Download Documentation'.

I suggest you have a read of the available documentation, and if you don't have it on site, that you download it from the manufacturer's website, and then have a look at the drawings and the configuration of your system and see how to set/change the frequency reference.

Sheets 3 and -4 of the Data Sheet detail the unit has External References (one of them is Frequency), and there are two discrete inputs for Speed RAISE and Speed LOWER (and frequency is directly proportional to speed).

Hope this helps!