Gas Control Valve Calibration for Frame 9 GE Gas Turbines

K

krchome

Hi Guys,

I am trying to piece together my rusty knowledge of Gas Turbine Controls (Mark II, IV and V)for a Frame 9E GT. I have lost touch of Gas Turbine C&I for the last 9 years ever since I switched over to other professions in a different land. But I am again trying to make a comeback to the great world of Gas Turbines.

Can some good samaritan help me out with the detailed procedure for a GCV calibration and clear my hallucination?

Cheers,

krchome

Hello,

The procedures for Mark IV and Mark V are similar, but different. Those for a Mark II are well documented in the Control Specification, System Adjustments section.

If you want, we can develop a procedure for Mark IV and Mark V individually. You can start by listing what you do remember and we can work from there.

I warn everyone: a fully complete and detailed procedure for any Speedtronic panel will take some time to complete, and will *NOT* (I repeat, *NOT*) cover every unit and every contingency. We can do them for the majority of units, and it will be pretty serviceable for the majority of Frame 9Es, and even for most of the heavy duty gas turbine fleet.

So, this will be a team effort, and you can pick one Speedtronic panel to begin with and list what you do remember and we'll go from there, eh?

This should be interesting!

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I must admit that I hardly remember anything substantial for Mark IV. All I can piece together from memory is that we had a servo valve and LVDT feedback from the Gas Control Valve. But I am not sure what input signal from Speedtronic panel was given for full travel range of the valve and what the measured output was supposed to be corresponding to say 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% of valve travel.Also where we used to make the adjustment to get the correct LVDT output after calibration?

I shall be thankful if someone could build on my queries and give at least a short but accurate idea.

Regards,

krchome