gas turbine controling

R

Radhakrishnan

The information you have provided is grossly inadequate to give any useful suggestion.

Please provide more details such as Model (5001/5002), application, types of fuels, at what stage did the VCE start swinging etc.

hi RadhaKrishnan
Thank you for care you to my thread...
the model of GE gas turbine is that MS5001 used with centerfugal gas comperessor with gas fuel and we get oscilation on VCE voltage befor & after loading but not at starting we check SSKC card ,pcd,95FG,STKK,& GCV-SRV cards but no any answer...
I await your reply.
Best Regards,
[email protected]

R

Radhakrishnan

Even though 5002 turbines are widely used in mechanical-drive applications, your site has 5001 driving the centrifugal compressor.

From your description, I understand that the valve oscillations start during the loading of the turbine. There are two possibilities:

1. Caused by the process. In this case it is the compressor. The process control in Mark II (performed by AOAC cards) perform flow or pressure control, and they eventually generate the RAISE/LOWER command to SSLB card that generates the speed set point signal which goes to the op amp on the SSZB card to perform speed control.

To eliminate this possibility of process interaction, move the operation selector to MANUAL position. If the valve is stable, even when you raise/lower set point manually, the fluctuations are caused by the process. You may have to verify proper operation of the transmitters and may even have to calibrate the process control loops fully.

2. Even in manual position, if the valve continues swinging, tweak the gain pot on the SSZB card. Be careful to make only very small changes, and observe the response each time.

Please let me know the result