load shedding through IEC 61850 protocol

F

Fahrudin Mekic

>can anybody tell whether we can do load
>shedding through IEC 61850 protocol?

Yes, it is possible to do Load Shedding over IEC61850. The best way of doing load shedding is using Power balance approach, that means IEDs need to fully support 61850 GOOSE (digital and analog). Let me know if you are interested, I can share with you ABB Load Shedding using IEC61850.

Regards
Fahrudin

Fahrudin,
I am also intersted in the load shedding. I have a Tri-Generation project that I am working on at the moment in which I need to integrate some protection and load shedding schemes. Having no experience with 61850 I do beleive I should look at what possabilities I have in implementing this into my system design for future proofing the project. Again I am aware that this standard exist but that is about all of my knowledge with it. What I am looking for is what are the key benefits as I JUST may have time to factor any requirements into the scope

M

Mahesh Khedekar

Yes Its Possible. ABB Has PML630 IED which can do Load shedding based on IEC 61850. It has some limitations but very good for smaller system.

IEC 61850 based load shedding can also be achieved thru ABB AC 800 M Controller with CI 868 Module.

> can anybody tell whether we can do load
> shedding through IEC 61850 protocol?