Magelis Software Question

R

RMTT

Afternoon. We have a machine on site that has a Magelis XBT P011010 Terminal connected to a PLC using Modbus.

We had a scare with this panel, and was able to locate another new panel to keep as a spare. Here is my issue.

It seems that the version of software used to set the original panel up was XBT-L1000 V3.40. The software that I have is XBT-L1000 V4.42.

I have the proper cable, and was able to upload (import)the application out of the existing terminal. When I went to save it to my PC, I got a message about it being saved by a precedent version, and it would need to update the header. I click "okay" as it will not allow me to save it otherwise.

Everything completes, and I can see the application and all the screens. However, when I try to export it to our new Terminal, I get a message stating that the compatibility is not the same, and it stops the export.

Is this a software related issue? Do I need to have V3.40 to get this to work?

Thanks for any suggestions or pointers.

B
It has been a few years, but...

The issue may be the type of XBT P terminal. There was a new model introduced that was ROHS compliant. Same name, different inards. Change the HMI type to another version of XBT P and try that.

Also, the software downloads using the Unitelway protocol. Take a look at the README file on the CD and check that your OS is OK with this software.

Thanks for the advice. As for the ROHS compliant issue, I see no markings on the device or the packaging it came in with that differ from our existing terminal in the process.

I have also had both terminals apart and they look the same on the inside. The reason for the failure of our first one was a type of "clamping diode" that went bad. I'm assuming we had a voltage spike at some point. I replaced the diode to get things up and running while awaiting on the new terminal.

Then I ran into the problem I described above. My problem is that it seems that anything to do with these systems are hard to find. The new terminal was a lucky find on my part, but the only software I could find was what Schneider had released on their site which was V4.42. It also says XBT-L1003 in the contents of the software.

I have it loaded on a machine running XP, and was still able to import the application out of the old one. Trying to save it is where it prompts me about the apllication being made with a predecent version and that it will convert the headers.

As mentioned already, exporting to the new terminal does not work. The application that came out of the old one is using Modbus as the protocol.

Sounds like you need to do a firmware upgrade on the HMI as it probably doesn't support software compiled on a later application version.

(I had the same issue with Siemens OP Range before.)

HTH

Tom

> Sounds like you need to do a firmware upgrade on the HMI as it probably
> doesn't support software compiled on a later application version.

> (I had the same issue with Siemens OP Range before.)

Thanks for the advice Tom. Could you point me in the direction of where I could possibly obtain the different versions of Firmware upgrades for this panel?