Monitor Pro - Adding second computer screen

• Thread starter Maurcio Quintana
  • Start date
M

Maurcio Quintana

I have a monitor pro 6.6 package with a multi-monitor card, which allows a maximum of four monitors to be connected to the computer. I need to know what I need to do on the Monitor pro application to display HMI screens over multiple monitors.

G

Gustavo A. Valero P.

Hola Mauricio,
I carried out the same thing years ago and these are my tips:

1) Let's assume we are working with 2 monitors to make my explanation easier, later, you can imagine/extrapolate what I have told you to do it with 4 monitors.

2) Let's assume that your monitors' resolution are set to 1024x768 pixels.

3) Open Application Editor and create 2 new Windows: e.g "LeftWind" and "RightWind". Try to work and develop all this with only one monitor to understand well how MPro handles this situation (later, you could do it by using several monitors if you want).

4) Set "LeftWind" to a size of 612x768 (starting from 0 to 612). In other words, make it covers only the whole LEFT size of your monitor (left half screen).

5) Set any drawing to "LeftWind" in order to see some drawing when it is up later.

6) Now, set "RightWind" to a size of 612x768 too but starting from 613 to 1024). In other words, make it covers only the whole RIGHT size of your monitor and put some default drawing inside its configuration.

7) It's very important to configure a message tag inside each created window to handle/select which display will be showed on each one.

8) Connect your 2nd monitor and start up your application putting "LeftWind" and "RightWind" as your default Windows (you must configure it in Windows Management task before).

9) You will see now how your 2 "half" windows are covering completely the left and right monitor!. To change the current display, just change the tag's value (the tag that controls the windows) to a valid display name.

The trick of all this is based on how the multi-monitor card works:

a) If it is a dual monitor card, the card is going to duplicate your current resolution, if it was 1024x768, this will be 2048x768 later.
b) Due to your MPro windows are 612x768 by default, when you start using a dual monitor card these windows will have new resolution (1024x768) covering a whole screen.
c) This is the same principle if you use 4,6 or 8 monitors using a multi-monitor card. I think you will be able to imaginate which steps/configurations are needed to create your MPro windows with more than 2 monitors now!.

This kind of things are now easier and simpler with Monitor Pro or FactoryLink 7.x but it is another history!.

Best regards.

Espero te ayude, saludos.

Gustavo A. Valero P.
BIConsulting C.A.
Valencia - Venezuela
[email protected]

G

Gustavo A. Valero P.

Hi Maurcio,

I made a mistake indicating the right size of screen/windows: I meant 512 instead of 612 (1024/2 = 512)!!.

E.g., when I indicated "Set 'LeftWind' to a size of 612x768 (starting from 0 to 612)' actually I wanted to write:

"Set 'LeftWind' to a size of 512x768 (starting from 0 to 512)".

I promise to turn my TV off next time I will reply this kind of posts. :)

Best regards.

Saludos.

Gustavo A. Valero P.
BIConsulting C.A.
Valencia - Venezuela
[email protected]

G

Guillermo Pallares

Hello Gustavo,

Could you please go on with an introduction to dual monitor support in Monitor Pro 7.5?

Thank you very much.