Omron PLC Networking

L

Lee

I need to monitor all the sensor link to PLC. (The PLC is link by vendor). Now i need to write a software program to monitoring status of these sensor. my boss has given me 3 months to settle this.

Does any one know how to start for this project? Thank you for your suggestion.

best regard,
lee

D

David Wooden

I doubt you'll need three months, but we will need more details. What model of PLC, and what network type? How are the sensors connected? How are you connecting to the PLC?

Best Regards,
David Wooden
Senior Software Engineer, Systems Integration
TAS Division of Omron Electronics LLC
Office: (847) 884-7034 Extension 432
Fax: (847) 884-9383
E-mail: [email protected]

W

william delatorre

Use an opc server for Omron PLC and then use a Mmi software ( rsview, wondweware, etc) to monitor your sensors

william delatorre

J

Joe Jansen/TECH/HQ/KEMET/US

What model of PLC? Are they all the same, or different? What sort of network is it (ie: ControllerLink, NTLink, etc.). More details would be a good start for getting good info.

Depending on how the PLC's are linked, you will probably want to look at their OPC Server (CxServer, or something like that).

Call 1 800 55 OMRON and tell them what you need to do. Their Tech support is excellent.

--Joe Jansen

Are you using Omron Compo Bus S? If so, the I/O on the remote blocks is simply part of the I/O allocation in the PLC. If the PLC is one on the more recent ones, please tell us which model and which remote I/O network, it will have a serial port and an Omron HMI will plug straight in to it. Much easier than using another brand but that can also be done as long as they have an Omron driver.