PFR (Primary Frequency Regulation) test

G

Genevieve

I need to design a PFR test for a MKV control system of a GE 9E gas turbine. The test is supposed to be like that: give the control system virtual signal of frequency change, and observe the FSR and power response.

My question is: how to give the virtual signal of frequency change when grid frequency is stable? Can I change the TNH signal?

Hi, still me.

I have some supplements: I have made a Matlab Simulink model according to MKV droop control logic. This model will be used in electric power grid stability calculation. I designed this test to certify that the simulation model is correct.
In droop speed control mode, frequency variation (TNH) will cause TNR and FSR variation and affect power output. Because TNR is a calculated value, it looks only changing TNH can imitate a grid frequency variation. So I want to know if the TNH signal can be changed during operation.

Thanks for the help.

Hi,

We are a GE MKVI 9FA, we had concerns with PFR in that once the freq stabilised after a freq dip the load on the GT dropped off well below the PLC set point.

GE did some testing by giving the MK1 logic a false freq dip signal so they could monitor the response. However, this was and is GE know how. If you can get them to tell you how or to give you the means to do so...

Good luck.