PLC-Process connection

A

Anonymous

Hello;

Have posted messages related to this before,

Just a begineer in control.

I have a S7-300PLC+CP. This is connected to a process (Industrial control trainer). Having checked the working of the process, My next move was to connect this process to a Simatic PP7-push button panel, to view its status and controlling the start and stop. Would be connecting it through profibus -DP.

Am stuck at the present moment. Having done ext. connections, dont know what to do further.. thik i have to make changes on the S7 software-SIMATIC 300 Station-connections. Also i think i neeed to configure the panel.

Can you provide me with some feedback on my further progress?

thank you.

D

Daniel Chartier

Hello;
You must now insert the PP7 as a Profibus-DP slave in the S7-300 CPU configuration, and you must detail the addresses you will need to read/write from the push-button panel. I suggest you download the PP717_e.pdf manual from Siemens website:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo&lang=en&objid=1142916

For details on interfacing the PP7 to a PLC master, follow chapter 2 suggestions on "Starting up the PP7 station".

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

thanks for the reply... i did read the manual... have configured the PP7 and connected it externally to the PLC, but the problem iam facing is addressing, making a connection between the PLC and PP7. When i press a button, the PLC has to read and one of the inputs have to blink...

I am figuring out as to how to do that... I hope i have made myself clear.

Your response would ease things.

thanks a lot.