Problem with "Modbus-TCP Server Tester"

H

Harald

The "Modbus-TCP Server Tester" tool v0.1.5 from the "Modbus-Tool-Kit CD-ROM" is working perfectly with Ethernet/Modbus-TCP connects. But now I have tried to use the serial Modbus-RTU functions to also test a Modbus-Slave/Modbus-TCP client gateway. But "Modbus-TCP Server Tester" tool is not activating the RTS output of the computer (WindowsXP SP2). The RTS output is only very shortly activated middle in the transmitted request. And the serial unit cannot send if the RTS signal is inactive. And sometimes the "Modbus-TCP Server Tester" tool is completely not sending a request even the CTS input to the computer was activated by our unit.

If I make a bridge from RTS to CTS on both sides (as described in the online help) then the receiving data seem to be o.k. but the "Modbus-TCP Server Tester" tool reports an error (maybe because the RTS is only set to short by the computer). And this cabling (two bridges) also disables the RTS/CTS handshake.

The communication is only working if I connect the active DTR output from the computer to the RTS input of out unit. But this is a really strange cabling.

Is there a new version of the "Modbus-TCP Server Tester" tool available? Or is there a dedicated Modbus-RTU tester available?

To test your Modbus Slave, download Automated Solutions' Modbus ActiveX Control from http://www.automatedsolutions.com.

The product supports a broad range of Modbus functions and comes with a pre-built HMI application that allows you to perform all supported Modbus functions through a friendly GUI.

The evaluation version if fully functioning for 30 days.