Replacing SIMATIC NET CP5611 with WINCC

A

Ahsanul Amin

I'm using a network card SIMATIC NET CP5611 with WINCC. But due to computer M/B's problem, i want to replace the previous computer with a new computer with same OS (Win2000). Is it necessary to buy another sets of network card & winCC Software (licensed). can i communicate as early? if not pls. give me sugg for solving the problem.

In your case, you don't need to buy anything new from Siemens.

You can transfer your existing comms card to your new PC. If your new computer can support the old HDD and can boot up from it, then just move the old HDD to your new PC.

If not, you will need the CD/DVD of WinCC and any add-on Siemens software to install them in the new PC. Also, you need to copy the WinCC application project that were running in the old PC.

There is an included utility to move the licenses of Siemens WinCC and other add-on software to another drive.

K
Hi,

Oliver77 is right in your case as you already have everthing supplied by Siemens, I think in your case the best thing to do is to clone your old hardisk onto your new machine. This is quick and will say time installing Siemens again, you will probably have to install the correct video driver and other hardware specific changes (providing the new hardware have drivers for windows 2000). To clone hard disks I use a Linux bootable CD (i.e. slax) then use the dd command, this has always worked for me when making backups and re-installing from backups. If you want more help using Linux and dd let me know.

Kevin