Sy/Net to Modbus TCPIP converter?

B

Benoit Galarneau

We are searching for a protocol converter for SquareD Sy/Net (blue hose) protocol to Modbus TCPIP (RJ-45). Anyone can help?

I was searching for the same thing, but instead went with the NR&D EPE5 ethernet module. You can check it out on their website at http://www.niobrara.com/

This will allow you to communicate with a Sy/Max PLC through the backplane (not the blue hose directly). Only problem is you need 1 for each PLC you want to talk to. You assign a group of registers to the slot where you place the module. There is some additional scan time, to consider but it seem to be working just fine for me.

Jerry_T

R

Robert Willis

I am not aware of any SY/NET (Blue Hose) to Modbus TCP/IP protocol converters. Niobrara (www.niobrara.com) has three products that will meet your needs if you can utuilize the SY/MAX Net-to-Net connection of a 8030-CRM5xx Network Interface Module.

EPE5-T Ethernet Port Expander with four RS422/485 Serial Ports (SY/MAX Pinouts) and a 10BaseT Ethernet RJ45 Port. Can be mounted stanalone or in a SY/MAX Register Slot

MEB-RT Ethernet Port Expander with two RS422/485 Serial Ports (SY/MAX Pinouts), Redundant Modbus Plus Ports and a 10BaseT Ethernet RJ45 Port. Can be mounted standalone or in a SY/MAX register slot.

QUCM-OE Ethernet Port Expander with two RS232/422/485 Serial Ports and a 10BaseT Ethernet RJ45 Port. Can be mounted stanadlone or in a Quantum PLC Rack.

All of these modules support both the Modbus and SY/MAX Serial and Ethernet protocols.

By using the SY/NET Net-to-Net connection you can provide a direct connection to your existing SY/NET network.

If you have any questions about implementing these products into your existing SY/MAX system please conatct www.niobrara.com or myself.

Regards
Robert Willis
Square D Company
Houston, Texas USA
E-Mail: [email protected]

M

Martyn Lacey

Several years ago the industy got within a whisker of developing a SY/NET to Ethernet Gateway. To the best of my knowedge there is still no direct gateway. Today I consistently recommend the NR&D EPE5. One or more serial ports can be liked to SY/NET NIMs to provide access to the blue hose (albeit at reduced speed). The Ethernet port can handle SY/MAX Ethernet protocol AND Modbus TCP/IP, so you can program with SY/MATE SFW572 while the SCADA polls with Modbus TCP/IP.

Marty Lacey
Schneider, Australia
E-Mail: [email protected]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Modbus 2
S Modbus 2
C Modbus 2
S Modbus 29
J Modbus 6