Wonderware 7.1 Windowviewer freeze

W

William Luo

I have two computers running Wonderware 7.1 Windowviewer with total of 4 screens. occasionally, on one of the Windowviewer freezes for awhile and recovers itself. Everything go back to normal.

Anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks

For the record, it has been a while since I have used Wonderware so I may be talking out of my ass.

When you say it freezes, I take it the data on the screen does not update and not the computer locking up? If so this is probably the delay in the Viewer retrieving the data for the tags on that screen.

From what I remember at least one of your computers will be acting as a data server. Probably the one that isn't freezing. When I used to run into this it was always at times when there was a lot of traffic on the network and it took extra time to get the data from the server, especially if it is intermittent. if the computer that is freezing also has the server on it, I would check the demand on you computer as it may not be up to the task. If one of your computers is problem free and the other has trouble getting data from time to time I would monitor your network traffic. For what its worth.

H

Helge Slettvoll

Which OS do you have? Are you running Windows 2000 with 'Automatic updates' activated? A fully patched Windows 2000 with the latest updates is much more demanding on your hardware than the original installed Windows 2000. It may be time for an upgrade.

Regards
Helge S.
Norway

P

Paul Edwards

Are you using DDE? These types of freezing can happen when NetDDE plays up. try to use Suitelink for data.