Write request to the RNI through the Matrikon OPC.

F

Felipe Cela

Hello,
I bought the Remote Network Interface (RNI), to communicate the RS3 (DCS from Fisher Rosemount), with another Control System.

In my case I will communicate the RS3, through an OPC Server from Matrikon and the RNI, with the PCS7 (a Hybrid DCS from Siemens).

I found some problems when I was trying to make a written request to the RNI,

In the configuration parameters of the RNI, I found that I can make 5 write requests to the RNI every second, but when I tried to make this, I could not complete the task.

¿I do not know if the problem is from the Matrikon Server or the RNI?

Anybody Who has communicate with the RNI, please help me and tell me How you did it, What is the best way to make the write request to the RNI through the Matrikon OPC.

E
The 5 writes/second configuration is the default setting based on recommendations from Emerson on what a typical RS3 system can handle. This number can be increased on the OPC Server configuration panel, if your Peerway can handle more writes.

If you are performing 5 or less writes at a time and the OPC writes are not succeeding then there are a few other things to check.
Not all tag parameters are writable via the RNI interface. The user manual has a list of all parameters that are writable using the RNI.
Also, the RS3 will only accept write requests from the RNI if the tag has the proper mode configuration (Manual or Program Control)

If you are having issues you should contact MatrikonOPC support. (http://www.opcsupport.com)They can answer all your questions.

Eric Murphy - http://blog.matrikonopc.com

F
Thank you for your help.

I already configured the parameter for allow the write request in a control block; this parameter is located in the Continuos Face Plate of the RS3.

Also, I already have configured the parameter on the OPC Server Configuration Panel, with the value of 5 seconds.

I found the problem when I try to make a cyclic demand of the write request, every second, to the Matrikon OPC Server; when I look at the OPC Client in which I make the write request, I see than some requests are not completed and the queue size every time is longer. For I get a completed request, I need to send 5 write request every five seconds, but I dont know why I cant get the response than I found in the Emerson documentation (five request every one second)

I dont know if changing the RNI configuration file, I can get a better communication, for example, the DDS.cfg configuration file or another configuration file.

Also, I will go to visit the opcsupport.com

Thank you again,
Regards,

Felipe Cela

Hi,
When installing the RS3 RNI OPC server, does the RNI software be located on the same machine as the OPC software?

The reason i am asking is that i was able to install the OPC software without a problem onto a machine that does not have the RNI software installed. However when i attempt to launch the server, i get a message "access violation at address xxxx at location PSTCFG.exe. Read of address 0000000"

Anyone able to help me on this?

Thanks in advance,
Jimmy