advertisement
from the Forum department...
Modbus RTU to Lovato RGK60 Generator Controller
Communications systems and equipment. topic
Posted by Neil on 22 January, 2010 - 1:51 am
Modbus RTU serial comms between Kepware OPC server and a Lovato RGK60 Generator Set Controller. Reading the analog values works fine after configuring the device settings correctly in Kepware. Register 180h returns a value related to the inputs made on the device and the Lovato docs table the individual bit descriptions 0 through 31. bit 0 is input 1, bit 2 is input 2 etc. The syntax to access the register value is H300180 as a DWord - this works fine.

Using zero based addressing I assume that this is the value of registers 179h and 180h? If I create a tag in Kepware H300180.0 as a Boolean, surely that is the bit status of 180.0 (or actually 179.0). To see the bit status of 180.0 does one make a tag 181.0 ? Making any boolean tag returns Bad in Kepware's OPC Client tool. What am I missing here?

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
Things will be bright in P.M. A cop will shine a light in your face.
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive