sov power consumption

P

pan

hi all

I have ASCO 8316 Soleniod valve. it is 24 VDC valve.

for power consumption, is Inrush VA, Holding VA consumption to be considered??

Is INRUSH and HOLDING applicable to DC valves??

Can anybody clarify.

PAN

Hi Phil

Thanks for reply.

As u said, DC voltage does not have INRUSH.

My point is even we are operating DC voltage actual SOV aramture circuit is COIL.

Hence does it not act as inductive circuit and pull INRUSH.

Cheers
PAN

Pan... No! There is no inrush in the sense that upon energization, the coil-current is multiples of the normal or holding-current.

Even the initial rate-of-rise (di/dt) or slope of the coil-current is somewhat subdued!

If you want a "picture" of the complete current waveform, contact me off-forum at

[email protected]

HI PHIL

YES, I read again that thread and I understand now. but I request you to provide the picture, which will give more info.

please check your mail. Thanks in advance

SOV vendor gives only one DC watts power consumption. it is normal operation consumption?? so then how could estimate the initial current?

cheers
sun

Sun... the information you asked for is enoute. Thank you for the courtesy of answering the simple questions I asked!

In an earlier life, my electronics company, Trip-A-Larm Corp, supplied SCMs, RCMs, & TCMs, (Solenoid-, Relay- and Trip-Coil Monitors) for use in SIS Systems.

In addition to monitoring the "health" of the coil, wiring, control-power, and coil-power, current-profile could also 'confirm' seating of the armature!

Reur power consumption question, the ASCO Bulletin # 8316 is a 3-way solenoid valve. When fitted wih a 24Vdc coil, power consumption is typically higher than if fitted with an Vac coil. For the DC version, Power and Ampere values "to Energize" and "to Hold" are the same.

There are only two ampere sizes using 24W coils; one 9.7A, the other 16.8!

Regards, Phil