ABB 560 RTU - IEC-60870-5-103

Hi!

I`m currently working on a project in one of our sub stations, where we`re going to upgrade to IEC-104 communication between RTU and SCADA. I am relative new to this stuff, so I need some advice to get this up and running.

The current configuration is a ABB 560 CMU02 – cpu, that communicate locally with some IED`s (protection relays) ,over a fibre optic ring, and converts to serial RS-232, in an ABB SPA-ZC-22 bus module.

In RTUtil500, the object-signals from the IED`s, are communicating through a T103 Line (IEC-60870-5-103) and are configured on port CP2. The communication to our SCADA goes through the other serial port (CP1) via a serial/Ethernet converter (Westermo EDW-100) on RP570 protocol.

I intend to communicate directly from our SCADA, to E1 port on cpu, using IEC-104 protocol.

I`ve built a new program in RTUtil500, adapted all I/O signals to IEC-104, but am a bit confused how to convert the object signals from IED to communicate over IEC-104….

Do I have to replace the SPA-ZC-22, and use a SPA-ZC-402 instead, so I can communicate directly via 61850, or is there a way I can make this conversion in the RTUtil500 software?

Hope someone could point me in the right direction!

Thanks in advance!