Chronos SpeedacNxt weigher

T

T. Senthil

We use Chronos E55 weigher with Speedac Nxt controller for our automatic bagging system (25 kg) to bag our S-PVC powder. We observed that whenever the machine is stopped and started (even for a short while for few mins) the first few bags are either over weight or under weight. Then the weighing stabilises and the weights are within reasonable limits. I want to know what is the problem and how to rectify the occurrence of over weight under weight during the startup.

This is a problem caused due to material in flight. The sensor relays used to stopping filling get a signal as soon as weight reaches desired set limit. By the time filling actually stops, some amount of material that was in flight usually gets overfilled into the container. The processor checks this and tries to compensate in the next fill by internally shifting the stop signal a few grams earlier. It keeps on checking and doing this until precise fill is achieved after which there is no need to adjust.

Most filling systems including the ones we manufacture have this feature or flaw.

note down the in flight value in weighing parameters when you achieve the target (within the tolerance) and type the same in system comp. in weigh parameters off & on the controller and check hope u l get ur problem vl b solved

HI,

Can i get any information aboout interfacing this device to DCS through Modbus/ethernet?

Or is it that it supports only ASCII.. if yes, then how can i read/write data from the SpeedacNxt controller..

THanks in advance,
sukesh

when u use chronos m/c first of all pl. use hopper in which your material with full automation like level switch's,vfd's and most important with diverter v/v with vfd's. so it can control your i/p side and the other thing is that when your material varied with moisture content it change it's property and hence its quantity to fill hopper changes.

also try to increase upper and lower limit range while you start m/c after a long time after your material was hold on silo for long than 1/2 days bec it will change moisture.

hope this will help u to understand the problem.