How can i upgrade the plc from 584 to quantum?

A

Anet

Without any changes, how can i upgrade the plc program from Modicon 584 to Quantum? Writing the program line by line is a boring work.

Pls give me an email: [email protected]
urgency, thanks.

Hi

I have just had a 984 to Quantum done by our local agent. The biggest question was what software package do you own and service contract details (remind you of microsoft).

Now own a copy of pro worx 32 plus (or something like that) still live in pro worx dos something.

Migration took 2-3 hours soft & hardware.

Keep asking questions.

Cheers Jason

D

dan armstrong

Using modsoft or proworx nxt, you should be able to change the plc type with the controller type selection menu item in offline mode. Change the controller type and save the software to a new file name. There is a possibility that custom function blocks could be used in the old program that may not work in the quantum. You should not have to type the whole program.

Try to collect your requirements from 584 and decide what to put on quantum. If you would like to be updated, select Concept or Unity Software packages from Schneider. These give more functionality then pure 984LL in Modsoft or Proworx.

Of course, once you need to reprogramm all of your codes (preffered in DFBs), but more friendly then Modsoft.