Mark V HMI files and screens from T1 to T2

J

just1fl

What would be the best procedure to change a Mark V HMI screen and files from T1 to T2 as there is already a T1 on site. I am not that familiar with the best way to change all the Cimplicity points, etc.

Changing the TCI (Turbine Control Interface) to reflect T2 is easy. Since a T1 is already on site, I can assume that T1 and the other T1 are not connected via arcnet. Otherwise problems could exist. I stated that the TCI is easy. Cimplicity is not. If the changes are required because of planned connection of T1 and T2 via arcnet, then the real work begins. To convert you screens/project is a easy/hard effort depending on your screen/project use of Cimplicity variables.

If you do not need to change, Do Not Change.

I mis-stated what is actually going to happen. We have a T1 and a T2 on site and the desired arrangement is to make them both stand alone T1's. All I need do is change the T2 unit to T1. These units will not be connected to a common arcnet.

Again, I would like to recommend that you do not change. In the future, one might want to connect the units via the arcnet and monitor the turbines with some sort of historical data storage solution.

If the change must occur, then someone very familiar with Cimplicity variables, screens, point database, and screen frames will need to apply the change.

CTTech

To make T2 Into T1 you need to Change the config.dat file for Correct Turbine name as T1.
Next step is you need to change all Cimplicity screens into T1.This one you can do by converting CIM files into CTX then open CTX files with notepad Replace T2 to T1.

What happens if you open the text file and one does not find a T1_? Suppose you find a hex reference. You will find a hex reference if Cimplicity variables are defined. The UNIT variable is being used.

I will concede that your suggestion can be that simple. If you wish your screens to be portable; ie transferable to any turbine in your group. Cimplicity variables must be defined.

We have not even entered the subject of project design. That is another "nut to crack". Yes, the entire project can be exported to a comma seperated file (CSV) and imported into Microsoft Excel or Access where "bulk changes" can be applied to the T1 device.

The question is: Do you trust a "bulk transfer" via a TEXT editor changes in file structure to manually sychronize your generator?

I do not!

CTTech

Yeah, this is correct, attempt to change if you are familiar with Cimplicity. Otherwise call GE, they will do it for you. I did it myself for my project. Verified all screens for bugs and machines are running smoothly without any issues.