New ABB ACS 800 Direct Torque Drive

M

Mike

We have successfully upgraded a paper machine with ABB ACS 800 Direct Torque Control drives. These units use dynamic braking resistiors and Rtach moduals. The motors are ABB 1000/1 with 2048ppr encoders. Mechanical upgrades were also made, all upgrades allowed us to double the speed off the machine. Control side was done with modifications to the existing Modicon Quantum and wounderware screens. Please let me know if anyone has applications running with these new drives.
Thanks in advance.
Mike

Mike we are beginning a pretty thorough audit of the actual performance of this drive for coordinated / sectionalized drive systems. So far so good - our plans are to benchmark this drive and compare to the new Emerson / CT UniDrive generation II. The first generation UniDrive was unparalleled in sectionalized web applications and motion control applications in closed loop vector mode. It will be interesting to see how these two new drives stack up.

I hope your reference to wounderware was more of a typo than a Freudian slip!

Ken Brown
http://www.kinemation.com

A

A.D.Choudhary

Dear Sir,
We are regularly using ACS 600 drive for compressor application. We are very comfortable with ACS 600. Please inform us the advantages of ACS 800 over ACS 600, so that we will be able to convience our customer.

Thanking u

For Lotus Controls Pvt. Ltd.

A.D.Choudhary

I am working with a locomotive running dual acs 800s for traction power control. The unit runs great and is a nice step up for power and control, only issue is blowing IGBTs.

I don't know about ACS 800 and Servo Applications, but when i readed like one page and i ask myself if this equipment can be used in Cut to Length applications (like Servo) and how is used (options, configuration, etc.)

Is it possible?

Thanks
Best Regards

JUAN RODRIGUEZ